Windows 10 Mobile released for Lumia 730/735 (Officially)

Nindza93

Jan 5, 2016
Visit site
How do you do a hard reset? Do you mean with the windows phone recovery tool? Cause if that's the case, why would you even update to .164? WDRT gets your phone to 8.1...

TranquilKnight

Nov 9, 2014
Visit site
I don't get it how you get the same battery life as before, I really feel the difference between w10 and 8.1.... I have the latest available firmware and software 10568.164(forgive me if I haven't written all the numbers well).

I noticed negative difference when I had upgraded. It was because of some 8.1 apps. They were sucking batter even when I hadn't opened them even once. Uninstalling some of them helped me. Now I get almost similar battery life while using phone and have much better stand-by time.

Hope you like it :)

I liked it! However, I don't use many apps so I've less tiles pinned on home. It was giving empty feeling so reverted back to 200%.

v535

Mar 26, 2015
Visit site
No, this is now what you call- System and reserved.
So, xap files are removed thoroughly rather than increasing the megabyte count, right? BTW, i recently Hard reset my wp8.1 twice after i ran into huge consumption of storage by other storage.

Digvijay Chauhan

Apr 9, 2016
Visit site
Hello everyone, i updated my Lumia 730 yesterday, finally. However, have been facing few issues and was wondering if they are common and if there are any solutions.

Issues are;
- the brightness settings do not work. My phone stays full bright all the time, i tried all the settings, restarts, soft and hard reset, flashing again via WDRT, nothing works. In fact, this problem has come after the firmware upgrade through WDRT. so, its not when windows 10 is installed, its also on 8.1 with new firmware
- when i restart my phone, it goes into boot loop for 5 to 6 times before i see the windows logo and start screen. If plugged in, its random, sometimes 10 to 12 times or more and sometimes i just have to remove the charger.
- the charging is slow and battery drain is fast, with screen on, its 1% per minute. While typing this, i lost 6%

Can anybody help? Will really appreciate it.

Thanks,

PS: Love the Lumia 730 minus above problems

Generalheed

Jan 22, 2015
Visit site
yep knowing verzion and how slow they are with software updates

Any updates on the Windows 10 update for Verizon's 735? One person in my family is due for an upgrade and within the next few days they'll be switching from their Lumia Icon to the 735. Yeah I know it's quite the downgrade, but for specific reasons, they cannot wait so it's either go with the 735 or leave Windows Phone and most likely switch to a Galaxy S7 and so on. Anyways, if Windows 10 is already available or coming soon, that'd be great and make the phone more worthwhile to get.

cmucodemonkey

Oct 10, 2014
Visit site
Any updates on the Windows 10 update for Verizon's 735? One person in my family is due for an upgrade and within the next few days they'll be switching from their Lumia Icon to the 735. Yeah I know it's quite the downgrade, but for specific reasons, they cannot wait so it's either go with the 735 or leave Windows Phone and most likely switch to a Galaxy S7 and so on. Anyways, if Windows 10 is already available or coming soon, that'd be great and make the phone more worthwhile to get.

I honestly haven't checked in several weeks, but I'd be shocked if it will be coming out soon. Verizon is historically slow with updates.

rambo47

Mar 28, 2005
Visit site
I'm a little hopeful since they were the first and quickest with the Denim update.

True about Denim, but recall that Verizon completely skipped the Cobalt update that came right before Denim. EVERYbody else got Cobalt while we Verizon folks waited and waited and waited.... And Verizon was silent. Eventually they said, "Yeah, we're just gonna go ahead and wait for Denim."

cmucodemonkey

Oct 10, 2014
Visit site
True about Denim, but recall that Verizon completely skipped the Cobalt update that came right before Denim. EVERYbody else got Cobalt while we Verizon folks waited and waited and waited.... And Verizon was silent. Eventually they said, "Yeah, we're just gonna go ahead and wait for Denim."

BTW, your profile picture is a perfect metaphor for Verizon updates on Windows Phone! Just when we think we'll finally get an update the ball gets yanked out from underneath us.

Generalheed

Jan 22, 2015
Visit site

It was actually called the Cyan update but yeah you're right.

v535

Mar 26, 2015
Visit site
Can I charge the phone whilst its switched off? ATM, I am unsuccessful at getting this feature right. Also Whatsapp behaves like an android app by notifying all messages and vevn disabling background task doesn't help. I did a hard reset after upgrading to 10586.318 from 8.1 Denim.
I am totally disappointed in MS camera app because HDR ruins entire picture and everytime I need to get into Pro mode to adjust focus and ISO for each picture. Touch to focus is buggy. But battery life is excellent.

Last edited:

kamleshrao

Feb 10, 2015
Visit site
I checked Upgrade Advisor app and it confirms that Windows 10 upgrade is available for my Lumia 730.

I want to avoid upgrading from Windows 8.1 to Windows 10. I am OK to loose all the existing data/setting on the device.

Is there a way I can directly install Windows10 Mobile on Lumia 730? (Something like in Laptops - we format old OS and install the New OS from scratch)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deadpool7788