Windows 10 on Lumia 640 won`t update some apps.

Janolssen

Jul 22, 2015
Visit site
I noticed that I have 16 pending updates on my Lumia 640. It`s Skype, Here Maps, Fitbit, Lumia Moments, Lumia Beamer, Here Drive, Creative Studio. The rest are system/setting updates. All I get is 0x803F7003, 0x803F8001.... It seems to be the "internal" apps that are stuggling. Every other app I download from the store downloads or updates.

Any idea?

zhris

Apr 26, 2014
Visit site
I've been trying to download Fitbit on my 640 for the past two days, it just sits at Pending. I'm not even on Win10... still using 8.1.

Kristian Jacobsen

Jul 24, 2015
Visit site
I tried several procedures.

The following steps were very helpful for me.

1. Lumia Recover to 8.1 and when it has installed, select New Phone (don't recover a backup)
2. When installing 8.1 - be sure to select Language and Regional settings to English ( USA ).
3. When complete, make sure to update all build-in apps via store - then install Windows Insider as last.
4. Active Fast Circle in Insider app (it will prolly reset) - then update to Windows 10 Indsider.
5. When Update to Win 10 is complete be sure Not To Hard Reset ever. It somehow screws with in-build apps.
6. You will still receive some errors when updating some apps, but try to reboot, or control what installs manually.

7. If you have the need to Hard Reset - do these steps again.
Hard Reset after updating to Win 10 build 10166 is not recommended

This made all my apps happy, and gave me more control back.
Well known bugs are still here ofcause, like Pinning.

Gamezone

Jul 23, 2015
Visit site
I tried several procedures.

The following steps were very helpful for me.

1. Lumia Recover to 8.1 and when it has installed, select New Phone (don't recover a backup)
2. When installing 8.1 - be sure to select Language and Regional settings to English ( USA ).
3. When complete, make sure to update all build-in apps via store - then install Windows Insider as last.
4. Active Fast Circle in Insider app (it will prolly reset) - then update to Windows 10 Indsider.
5. When Update to Win 10 is complete be sure Not To Hard Reset ever. It somehow screws with in-build apps.
6. You will still receive some errors when updating some apps, but try to reboot, or control what installs manually.

7. If you have the need to Hard Reset - do these steps again.
Hard Reset after updating to Win 10 build 10166 is not recommended

This made all my apps happy, and gave me more control back.
Well known bugs are still here ofcause, like Pinning.

Thanks, I will try that. I always suspected that it was the hard reset that screwed up my Windows 10 preview build.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs