Windows 10 on Nokia Lumia 730 & 735: Bugs

Bibekananda Mandal

May 31, 2016
Visit site
windows-10.jpg

Hello everyone. I want to share my experience of using Windows 10 on my Lumia 730.
Windows 10 on Lumia 730 has many new features with lots of bugs. Briefly I am giving the list of main bugs which I have experienced as follows:

1) It is quite slow compared to previews Windows 8.1.
2) Camera capture speed is very slow, specifically when you want to take more than one pic. Auto focus is also not good and captures blur pictures.
3) Selfie camera is not capturing full screen pics. Also, photo editing apps (Lumia Selfie, Lumia Creative Studio) does not works sometimes and crashes.
4) Photos app was taking much time to sync new photos and you need to wait for some moments every time to see a photo after clicking.
5) Auto brittleness does not work properly. Sometimes it is very low (almost black) and sometimes it becomes very very bright.
6) Applications crushes more frequently.
7) New email notifications are slow. Sometimes, What's App does not give any notification.
8) Shows missed call notification all time on the lock screen after viewing it also.

Please share your experience also...
N.B. Don't be afraid to update your phone to Windows 10 after reading this.
There are lots of awesome features waiting for you :wink:

Attachments

• windows-10.jpg
    windows-10.jpg
    108.2 KB · Views: 9
Last edited:

Chintan Gohel

May 23, 2014
Visit site
View attachment 127139

Hello everyone. I want to share my experience of using Windows 10 on my Lumia 730.
Windows 10 on Lumia 730 has many new features with lots of bugs. Briefly I am giving the list of main bugs which I have experienced as follows:

2) Camera capture speed is very slow, specifically when you want to take more than one pic. I think, it takes longer time to save the captured photo.
3) Selfie camera is not capturing full screen pics. Also, photo editing apps (Lumia Selfie, Lumia Creative Studio) does not works sometimes and crashes.
4) Photos app was taking much time to sync new photos and you need to wait for some moments every time to see a photo after clicking.
5) Auto brittleness does not work properly. Sometimes it is very low (almost black) and sometimes it becomes very very bright.
7) New email notifications are slow. Sometimes, What's App does not give any notification.

There are lots of awesome feature waiting for you :wink:

Since you have many issues, do a hard reset

Bibekananda Mandal

May 31, 2016
Visit site
Since you have many issues, do a hard reset
Thanks Chintan Gohel, for your suggestion. Do you have a Lumia 730? Every time hard reset is not a solution. I will suggest, at first research that, everyone is facing same kind of problem or not? If every one is facing the same kind of problem then accept it and wait for the next update. Otherwise go back to your previous version of Windows. In maximum cases, hard reset is just waste of time. I found some others also facing same problem. Like: Lumia Selfie app problem - Microsoft Community

Last edited:

Chintan Gohel

May 23, 2014
Visit site
View attachment 127139

2) Camera capture speed is very slow, specifically when you want to take more than one pic. I think, it takes longer time to save the captured photo.
:

Okay, I don't have a 730, I have a 1020.

Slowness- is tis in the general running or in the apps?
Is the camera app updated? And what kind of camera settings are you using?
Not sure about this issue about selfie app. As for creative studio, can you check if lumia creative studio beta is available in store? Maybe it can perform better
Photos app syncing speed - that is true, it takes a while. The speed has been increasing with some updates but not yet there
Autobrightness - some have said it's an issue with the light sensor.
Apps crashing frequently - can you confirm that you're on the latest official update? OS version 10586.318 and also check for app updates
Notifications speed - I think this is related to how fast the app checks for any changes or new items. Is whatsapp enabled to run in the background and does it have notifications enabled too?

bburg

Oct 7, 2014
Visit site
View attachment 127139

There are lots of awesome features waiting for you :wink:

Yes, 1 and 5 also on my 735.

broar94

Apr 10, 2013
Visit site
Agree with your point 1,4 and 5 . Win 8.1 apps open very slower and some games lag quite a bit. I think for the best speedy experience, one should be on denim 8.1 . I like win10m better coz it has multiple icons in action center including flashlight, mobile hotspot. :)

v535

Mar 26, 2015
Visit site
Agree with your point 1,4 and 5 . Win 8.1 apps open very slower and some games lag quite a bit. I think for the best speedy experience, one should be on denim 8.1 . I like win10m better coz it has multiple icons in action center including flashlight, mobile hotspot. :)
I often saw the return of Loading........ on 8.1 apps. Hey OP, give it a HR. Make sure you're on latest build 318 and do a reset. BTW, Lumia selfie is no longer needed, MS camera took over. Yeah image quality is worst in auto mode, but pictures captured in Pro mode are of acceptable quality. I'm a L730 DS user.

broar94

Apr 10, 2013
Visit site
Yep 'loading' is still there on Win10M even though MS promised all of us that loading will vanish. But feck them, it's there. Ive kind of got used to the screen , once I get on android I wouldnt have to worry about it anymore.

Nindza93

Jan 5, 2016
Visit site
I wonder where you get the loading/resuming screens? The only case for me is the older 8.1 apps or some more demanding games. That is not an issue really, its actually understandable.

Overall, I get less resuming/loading screens than before, so I am satisfied with the perfomance of my 735 :)

rambo47

Mar 28, 2005
Visit site
Wireless charging is no longer working on my 735. Worked fine on 8.1 and even functioned using the charger for my Apple Watch. Now it doesn't work at all since upgrading to Win10Mobile.

v535

Mar 26, 2015
Visit site
Wireless charging is no longer working on my 735. Worked fine on 8.1 and even functioned using the charger for my Apple Watch. Now it doesn't work at all since upgrading to Win10Mobile.
Try configuring the phone using Gadgets app and see if this helps.

rambo47

Mar 28, 2005
Visit site
I opened the Gadgets app and it couldn't find the wireless charging pad. However, without officially recognizing it the wireless charging started to work! I guess just opening Gadgets was enough to get it working again. Many thanks!!

By the way, I'm using an Apple Watch charging dock and not a regular Qi Wireless Charging Pad. But standards are standards I suppose, so anything that uses the Qi standard should work.

OldMillXxX

Jul 10, 2013
Visit site
Having a hard time getting offline maps to download. I have been trying for four days now and the bar seems to have moved back to the start position. WTF? I am trying to download and save to SD card in phone.

Bibekananda Mandal

May 31, 2016
Visit site
I am also experiencing SD card issue after updating to Windows 10. I have started getting an error message "Scan SD card and fix errors" when I restart my mobile. I have done the check using my phone or, laptop. But, again it comes after some time when I restart my mobile. Is anyone experiencing this issue? I am using SanDisk, Class-10, 32 GB memory card.

OldMillXxX

Jul 10, 2013
Visit site
It might be working, but the staus bar sometimes shows progress and sometimes does not. just seems to be very slow. Message pops up periodically saying the download is paused. Not sure why...maybe turning location data off while trying to download would help? just guessing...

Chintan Gohel

May 23, 2014
Visit site
It might be working, but the staus bar sometimes shows progress and sometimes does not. just seems to be very slow. Message pops up periodically saying the download is paused. Not sure why...maybe turning location data off while trying to download would help? just guessing...

or try a different and faster wifi connection

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss