Windows 10 - Unable to uninstall apps (xBox)!?

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

Recently I tried to remove every app from my windows 10 computer. But some apps such as xbox, soda, netflix, twitter seem to be not removable?

I tried all the nospy program (donotspy10, destroy windows **** nd crap etc.) But they didn't work either, then I tried to manually type the remove commandline onto powershell. For some reason it leaves an error message.

I don't know what to do. Can anyone help me out to fix this problem??

Maurizio Troso

Aug 22, 2014
Visit site
Recently I tried to remove every app from my windows 10 computer. But some apps such as xbox, soda, netflix, twitter seem to be not removable?

I tried all the nospy program (donotspy10, destroy windows **** nd crap etc.) But they didn't work either, then I tried to manually type the remove commandline onto powershell. For some reason it leaves an error message.

I don't know what to do. Can anyone help me out to fix this problem??

A few bundled apps cannot be removed by windows. Don't mess the system with that crap

AndyCalling

Apr 15, 2013
Visit site
The following link may be of use:
http://forum.xda-developers.com/win.../how-to-uninstall-reinstall-settings-t3283461
I used this to remove the motion sense 'extra' settings app now it has been integrated into the W10 settings. You will have to find the app's code from the link in the web version of the store to make this work. Fine for some things like Netflix, but not sure about the Xbox app. Can anyone else add any further info on this?

Usernamego

Sep 6, 2016
Visit site
A few bundled apps cannot be removed by windows. Don't mess the system with that crap

I want to know how to delete these apps aswell!
Please help us!

I have also heard rumours that the reason why microsoft integrated these apps deeply in the core to make it harder to delete these apps is that: theres a backdoor and spyware inside of these apps.

Is that true?

Maurizio Troso

Aug 22, 2014
Visit site
Please help us!

I have also heard rumours that the reason why microsoft integrated these apps deeply in the core to make it harder to delete these apps is that: theres a backdoor and spyware inside of these apps.

Is that true?

Obviously False
Rumors years old: every year the same story repat; click bait for dumb users by scammer sites in order to give you their scamware and f**ck up your pc.
Do you see a samsung or iphone working? there are full of bundled apps too.
Relax and think something important for your life ;)

Usernamego

Sep 6, 2016
Visit site
Obviously False
Rumors years old: every year the same story repat; click bait for dumb users by scammer sites in order to give you their scamware and f**ck up your pc.
Do you see a samsung or iphone working? there are full of bundled apps too.
Relax and think something important for your life ;)

Is there any real evidence to disprove my assertion above mentioned?

So how can we uninstall these apps completely from the system?
Please let me know

Last edited:

AndyCalling

Apr 15, 2013
Visit site
Actually, I'm not sure about the Xbox app, but all the others listed by the OP are easily removed using the normal method to uninstall apps by right clicking them in the full app list on the start screen. So just do that. I've removed the Candy Crush Soda thing straight away for example. If yours does not uninstall properly, it could be because you updated to W10 from W7 or 8 without a clean install perhaps?

Chintan Gohel

May 23, 2014
Visit site
Why can't you just answer this question? Please how do we delete these apps completely?

since you're so insistent: How to remove pre-installed and suggested apps in Windows 10 | Windows Central

How to Uninstall Windows 10?s Built-in Apps (and How to Reinstall Them)

How to uninstall and remove the Xbox app in Windows 10

Do it at your own risk - the only advantage you'll find from removing the apps is a smaller apps list and negligible reduction in used storage space

AndyCalling

Apr 15, 2013
Visit site
Ah, phone, sorry I missed that. Yes, it is a problem but I have used the method above (a standard MS technique by the way, not a hack) to remove 'extras' setting component 'apps' like motion sense as they get integrated. Works very well.

nitikosovo

Oct 7, 2016
Visit site
Please help us!

Is that true?
]
Backdoor maybe , spyware i don't think so!!
iOS is with a few craps , Samsung is full with craps that some of them are completly useless!!

holdum333

Oct 2, 2016
Visit site
Hi! I don't know any thing about phones. I do know about the Apps on my PC, but I don't worry about them. I know some of them can be uninstalled and found this way!
Not all can be uninstalled but you can find them on your PC.:wink:
All of the applications installed on your PC?including the universal apps that come with Windows 10 or are downloaded from Windows Store?are accessible from a hidden shell view called Applications.
So open the Run dialog (WINKEY + R), type shell:AppsFolder and then click OK to view this folder.
For more information go to this link!
https://www.thurrott.com/windows/windows-10/5328/windows-10-tip-create-shortcuts-for-universal-apps
PS I have 171 apps on my Toshiba laptop and they are not bothering:wink: me!

mtnvi3w

Apr 7, 2015
Visit site
A legitimate reason to remove xbox and groove is lack of system storage! Many windows phones like the 640 can not install updates to windows 10 mobile, because 8G is not large enough to accommodate system files and even ONE update. I have removed everything possible, and still need 700mb to allow the March update. I don't understand why more owners aren't screaming about this, and no one found a workaround yet.

Troy Miller1

Dec 28, 2018
Visit site
A legitimate reason to remove xbox and groove is lack of system storage! Many windows phones like the 640 can not install updates to windows 10 mobile, because 8G is not large enough to accommodate system files and even ONE update. I have removed everything possible, and still need 700mb to allow the March update. I don't understand why more owners aren't screaming about this, and no one found a workaround yet.

Troy Miller1

Dec 28, 2018
Visit site
I have the same problem and they don't care is the short version. My phone has more than enough sd card to do anything I need. They could allow us to delete Xbox and groove music, move them to the card, or even put some of the update info on the card, but it is easier and more profitable to make us replace functional phones. Well guess what, it won't be another Windows Phone

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leviwilkersion