Windows 10 Upgrade Fails----Error 0xC1900101 - 0x40017 -----Logfiles\Srt\StrTrail.txt?

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

Windows 10 Upgrade Fails----Error 0xC1900101 - 0x40017 -----Logfiles\Srt\StrTrail.txt

Well...I was an insider and was using the Windows 10 Insider builds when one day my hard drive crashed. As a result, I had to reinstall Windows 7 and decided to upgrade to Windows 10 again. So i downloaded the iso file, extracted the files within it and ran the Setup.
All went okay and the upgradation process was at 50% when suddenly my PC restarted and it went into that Blue Screen of Startup Repair where it showed
"Startup Repair couldnt repair your PC.
Press "Advanced Options" to try other options to repair your PC or "Shut down"to turn off your PC.
Log file F:\WINDOWS\System32\Logfiles\Srt\SrTrail.txt"
I cllicked on Advanced options and tried to repair it several times using startup repair but with no success. I finally decided to revert back to Windows 7, and so when Win7 loaded again, there was again a blue window saying
" We couldnt install Windows 10
0xC1900101 - 0x40017
The installation failed in the SECOND_BOOT phase with an error during BOOT operation."
I tried it 2 times and both the times the same thing happened and secondly i dont know why is it saying "Log file F:\WINDOWS......"
i dont have any F drive. My Windows 7 is in the C drive.

Waiting for your reply

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos