Windows 10 upgrade

David Appleby1

Aug 4, 2015
Visit site
Upgraded windows 8.1 pro to windows 10 this morning. Loaded OK but when it reached the "restart" point computer would not boot up. Just hanging & cannot go past the manufacturers logo. Before installing checked that their were no updates need or pending. After a good while booted off old windows 8 disc with intentions of re installing it but just got a list of drives none of which would accept an install. I am no spring chicken and when I was a lad computers were one to an entire block of flats in size and my mates were asking whatever would I be doing with all the 28k that was on my dragon computer so please keep it simple.

Ahmad Fauzan Rustan

Aug 3, 2014
Visit site
If you want to, you can do a clean Install via USB with downloading the ISO file, if you don't mind. Check the video on youtube, how to make a bootable USB Windows 10. for the Activation License key, you can use your previous Activation key on your machine, or do some hack.

xrko

Jul 30, 2015
Visit site
David Your info is lacking. If your computer is proprietary-HP, Dell, etc then you should have a separate partition containing your operating sys. You reinstall the os by following instructions at start up and you don't need a product key to install 8. If custom computer, that is a different story.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rorymi6