[Windows 10 x64 Annivesary Update] Black lock screen

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

Hi,

I have the lock screen set to 'Windows Spotlight'. When locking the computer it just shows a black lock screen with time and date in the lower left corner. No picture. First when I press the keyboard or my mouse, I get the logon screen with a picture from Windows Spotlight behind it. Is this a bug or a feature of the annivesary update? With Windows 10 1511 I had the spotlight image both on the lock screen and on the logon screen.

Best regards
TGMadsen

Maurizio Troso

Aug 22, 2014
Visit site
re:

Hi,

I have the lock screen set to 'Windows Spotlight'. When locking the computer it just shows a black lock screen with time and date in the lower left corner. No picture. First when I press the keyboard or my mouse, I get the logon screen with a picture from Windows Spotlight behind it. Is this a bug or a feature of the annivesary update? With Windows 10 1511 I had the spotlight image both on the lock screen and on the logon screen.

Best regards
TGMadsen

Go to settings -> Personalize -> Lock screen -> Enable "Show lock screen image in access screen"

TGMadsen

Jul 24, 2015
Visit site
re:

Go to settings -> Personalize -> Lock screen -> Enable "Show lock screen image in access screen"

Thanks but it is already enabled.
I have three computers running Annivesary Update. Two with Windows 10 x64 Enterprise and one with x64 Pro. All of them is black on the lock screen with "Show lock screen image in access screen" enabled.

TGMadsen

Jul 24, 2015
Visit site
re:

Ahhh. If it is enabled, I only have a background image on the logon screen. Not on the lock screen. When disabled it is the other way round. Is it not possible to have spotlight images on both screens?

lewwcom

Aug 4, 2016
Visit site
re:

Go to This PC -> right click -> properties -> advanced system settings -> Screenshot_2.png ->Screenshot_3.png -> apply

Hope this helps

Attachments

• Screenshot_1.png
    Screenshot_1.png
    30.8 KB · Views: 5

TGMadsen

Jul 24, 2015
Visit site
re:

Could anyone with the Anniversay Update (1607) installed please verify that you have the same Spotlight image both on the lock screen and on the logon screen? I find it odd that all my computers running this update behaves the same (black lock screen and Spotlight image on the logon screen). Although I synchronize settings between them, I do not sync themes.

kash55

Aug 5, 2016
Visit site
re:

I have the same exact issue.
No matter if I choose, a picture or spotlight, when I lock my computer I get a black screen with the time. As soon as a click, it opens the login screen with the picture now showing.

I've figured out a funny querk tho, if I turn OFF "Show lock screen background picture on the sign-in screen". The image now correctly shows on the lock screen. But when I turn that setting back ON, lock screen in black again........
Seems like a bug with this "Show lock screen background picture on the sign-in screen" setting.

Link to the Feedback app: feedback-hub:?contextid=66&feedbackid=3b0e8341-c50f-41b4-951a-d57fd19e6c42&form=1&src=2

karelj

May 7, 2009
Visit site
re:

I'm running the 1607 Update (x64) and I have the Spotlight image showing on *both* lock and logon screen. Can't think of a reason why this is not working for you. You've checked all the correct settings so far.

TGMadsen

Jul 24, 2015
Visit site
re:

Could anyone with the Anniversay Update (1607) installed please verify that you have the same Spotlight image both on the lock screen and on the logon screen? I find it odd that all my computers running this update behaves the same (black lock screen and Spotlight image on the logon screen). Although I synchronize settings between them, I do not sync themes.

Correction... It actually works as it should on my Windows 10 Pro x64 1607 at home, so it is only on Windows 10 Enterprise I have the black lock screen.

andrewtechhelp

Apr 29, 2011
Visit site
re:

This appears to be a bug that affects some machines. I upgraded two devices from Windows 10 Version 1511 to the 1607 update and one of them works fine (Windows Spotlight/Lock Screen image appears on both Lock Screen and Login Screen) and one of them doesn't work (Windows Spotlight/Lock Screen image appears on the Login Screen, but the Lock Screen is black). This is only broken when I turn on the "Show lock screen background picture on the sign-in screen" option on that specific machine (it's fine on the other).

TGMadsen

Jul 24, 2015
Visit site
re:

I have just noticed, that if I reboot my computer, I get the spotlight image both on the lock and on the logon screen after reboot, but after logging in to Windows and later locking the computer with the win key + L, the lock screen is black and it stays black until next reboot (I use the win key + L a lot during a work day).

Splintercheg

Aug 10, 2016
Visit site
re:

I have just noticed, that if I reboot my computer, I get the spotlight image both on the lock and on the logon screen after reboot, but after logging in to Windows and later locking the computer with the win key + L, the lock screen is black and it stays black until next reboot (I use the win key + L a lot during a work day).

I have the same issue (Win10 Pro 1607 build) . The black background image on the lock screen after winkey+L and booting after sleep mode. It only appears after rebooting PC.

eb8f358524.jpg
d3eb045116.png

Splintercheg

Aug 10, 2016
Visit site
re:

The problem has been solved by these steps:
  • Right click on My Computer on the Desktop and click on Properties.
  • In the left sidebar, click on the Advanced system settings link. It will open the System Properties box.
  • In the Advanced tab, click on Settings under the Performance heading.
  • Check the “Animate windows when minimizing and maximizing” checkbox and click on OK.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss