Windows 8.1/RT tablets with HDMI and LTE

Citizen X

May 11, 2013
Visit site
I was on the at&t website looking at windows tablets and they only have one, the Lumia 2520. I was looking for an 8 inch form factor with all the 2520s connection goodies LTE, micro HDMI, USB 3, separate power port, etc.

The Dell Venue 8 is nice but it doesn't have HDMI, a seperate power port nor is there a cellular data version anywhere to be found. Does it really cost that much to add those features? Seriously the usuaability goes way up when you free up the only USB port to accept a keyboard/mouse and allow access to cellular data.

xboxonthego3

Jan 2, 2013
Visit site
The Thinkpad 8 that is supposedly coming out soon. Is full windows 8. Is an 8 inch form. Has micro HDMI. It has a micro USB 3.0. But you can buy a adapter to solve that issue. It also is supposed to have an LTE option. The only thing you may not like is the Micro USB 3.0 is also the charging port from what I know. But there is a USB 3.0 dock that can also be purchased for it to solve the port issue. I would definitely look into it for an option. It appears it almost has everything you like. Few other things. It has a screen resolution of 1980 X 1200. It has the fastest Intel atom baytrail. And it comes with Windows 8.1 Pro.

I'm definitely going to be buying one. I'm thinking about getting a 128GB wifi only model with a quick cover. I have already bought a micro USB 3.0 to USB 3.0 adapter and bought a Bluetooth keyboard.

Citizen X

May 11, 2013
Visit site
Guess I should mention from what I have read it starts at $399 with 64gb.

Cool. Sounds good. Don't like Lenovo though. I prefer the NSA to the Chinese. Lol!

Yeah I hate how they do that with the USB port and the power. I wondered why Nokia went with a proprietary charging cable with the 2520 until I used it. It makes so much sense. I guess I will have to make do with a dock.

There was supposed to be an LTE version of the Venue 8 Pro. The non-LTE version I got even has the cut out for a SIM card. Still no LTE version has materialized.

$399 for a 64 GB version intro price is interesting. Thanks for the heads up. I will definitely be on the look out for this tablet.

heda_p

Nov 17, 2011
Visit site
Currently using Venue Pro8 and Surface Pro 2...all I can say is not even a single tablet has LTE built it in....its just frustrating to keep using hotspot which never gave best connection which I used to get on my ativ pro T500 LTE model

as far as I am concerned using Venue Pro8 90% time, surface pro2 comes in use when needs really great amount of performance (which is hardly need) or battery needs to be charged for venue pro8. If I don't use it for 2-3 days it will be in standby mode and will wake up within a sec, and yet battery would be 20% down after 2-3 days

I have zero complains for venue pro8, its amazing in every sense in you know what u sud expect...LTE/GPS and built in slot for Wacom pen would make this tablet unbeatable.

VivoTab Note 8 Windows tablet with a Wacom pen with built in slot but no LTE...I wish they add LTE or 3g to it

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss