Windows Hello (Beta) Iris Scan Setup issue/error message. Microsoft Lumia 950. How can I fix this?

8Ella8

Mar 1, 2016
Visit site
Windows Hello (Beta) Iris Scan Setup issue/error message. Microsoft Lumia 950

Im trying to set up the Iris option in Windows hello (Beta) and it comes up with an error every time ? I go to sign in options, then go to the Iris set up, then to get started, then enter pin which I have set up, push next, every time it says: Sorry something went wrong, close Windows Hello, then try going through setup again. It seems to be scanning my Iris every time before this error message comes up.

Ive only had this phone a short time, factory new, am just going through and setting things up on it. How can I fix this??

YKinase

Jul 29, 2013
Visit site
Re: Windows Hello (Beta) Iris Scan Setup issue/error message. Microsoft Lumia 950

Once you've entered your PIN, you should be presented with a screen that tells you to take off your glasses and hold the phone up in front of your eyes. You hit next and it should switch to a view from the front camera and a red light will turn on in the upper right corner of the phone. Do you see any of that?

8Ella8

Mar 1, 2016
Visit site
Re: Windows Hello (Beta) Iris Scan Setup issue/error message. Microsoft Lumia 950

Hi there, thanks for your response. Yes, I enter the pin, and it comes up with the next screen saying: Wearing Glasses? Take them off before continuing. Hold your phone in front of your eyes, then select Next to continue.. which I proceed with. The red light then turns on as its switching to the next screen, it looks as though it very nearly loads the next screen, however does not succeed, and this is when it says: Sorry something went wrong. Close windows Hello, then try going through the setup again.

8Ella8

Mar 1, 2016
Visit site

Ive seen another person has had the same problem, not rectified yet..

Jan 20, 2013
Visit site
having a similiar problem I'd previously set it up OK, but was trying to train it while wearing my glasses. Interestingly, mine does not say to take them off, so I wasn't aware of that!

Anyway, now the setup fails halfway through scanning with "something went wrong". I removed the old setup. Same error. Rebooted. Same error. So I've managed to go from working mostly to not working at all :(

8Ella8

Mar 1, 2016
Visit site
I have finally found a solution, which completely happened by accident. But it has fixed the issue I was having with the Iris scanner. I did windows updates on my phone, all updates seemed to install properly, but when finished my phone froze, and I was unable to use it at all. This prompted me to install the 'Windows Phone recovery tool' onto my laptop (which you should have gotten with your phone, or can be found online for free, make sure you get the actual windows recovery tool for your device), plugged my phone into my laptop and it reinstalled successfully, fixing any problems I previously had with the Isis scanner at the same time. Please note that you will lose any phone numbers, text messages, photos etc stored on your phone when you use the recovery tool, as this puts it back to factory new, so if you have a chance save anything you can to One Drive, or similar first.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb