Windows Phone 10 TP.... Good Idea?

Partha Pratim Seal

Jan 26, 2015
Visit site
I just went through the ISSUES which are found in the latest build of the TP....
I have only one phone... Lumia 625 and I use it all the time.
These issuses are WORSE than the Denim preview when I was in PFD programme.
Will it be a good idea to install the build?

radsdau

Aug 27, 2012
Visit site
In my experience, no, recovered 3 times, now bricked, takes a long time. It doesn't provide any benefit yet, just warm fuzzies, that quickly turn to cold sweats. Best to just watch the fancy youtube vids showing what it looks like, then wait til a stable version is released. Really, it's not safe enough yet to use as your daily driver.
8. 1GDR2 is excellent.

horseybob

Apr 17, 2013
Visit site
if you had the necessary experience, you'd not ask the question. Do not try it yet. When it hits Developer Preview stage, you may want to consider it.

TheCudder

Sep 22, 2013
Visit site
Developer Previews are near completed builds. Technical Previews are FAR from completed builds which are typically only released for internal testing --- stop comparing the two.

Posted via the WPC App for Android!

DJRedLine

Mar 16, 2012
Visit site
I don't think this TP was a good idea as anyone can install it without fully knowing what they are getting into. (then they complain on forums that their phone no longer works)
Should have kept it for internal testing or selective users only and then release as part of DP when more stable

hotphil

Nov 14, 2008
Visit site
I don't think this TP was a good idea as anyone can install it without fully knowing what they are getting into. (then they complain on forums that their phone no longer works)
I have to say, I think MS did a pretty good job of putting up warnings for people using TP, if people chose not to read them then that's on them.
But yep, some sort of process to qualify for the TP may have been useful.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
powerupgo