Windows phone 10 Update no Start Screen

summoner2100

Jun 16, 2015
Visit site
I've had this issue with the start screen and tiles not showing. It appears that it was my background picture that it was having issues with. I removed it, and went back to a black background and haven't had it since. I can flick it off, on, change screens. It still brings back the tiles. Looks like a display issue with the background pictures. Hope the next update fixes it.

Hope that helps.

Aug 1, 2015
Visit site
my is lumia 520 and it got updated yesterday.it took almost 2hrs to get updated but after it got updated i couldn't see the start screen and so i couldn't have a phone call too everyone of my friends and family members are telling to reset my phone but i'm try my level best to keep windows 10 and fix the error...so if anyone could help me it will be my greatest pleasure!!

msxbox

Jan 3, 2013
Visit site
I have found another way if you want a temporary solution to sort the loading problem you need to press and hold the Cortana (search button) wait for the listening prompt and press the back button and repeat all this two or three times, this works every time so far, but when you reboot you will need to repeat this all over again.

1. press and hold the Cortana (search) button when the screen is blank or says loading...
2. wait for the listening prompt
3. press the back button until you get back to your loading/blank screen
4. repeat this two or three times in succession

Works every time for me. Good Luck

Last edited:

himanshu kumar das

Aug 17, 2015
Visit site
i have the same issue with my lumia 730, after upgrade to window 10 TP...start screen became unresponsive...bui i found a solution by doing HARD reset pressing volume down (-) + power button when screen shows sign like this (!) immediately press volume up (+), this will reset your phone to its factory state

omalka vikum

Sep 2, 2015
Visit site
I have the same issue on my 535.when I get to the settings asked to download settings task from store but there is no store app to download setting..:angry::angry:hard resetting now think the problem has solved:winktongue:

omalka vikum

Sep 2, 2015
Visit site
wp_ss_20150903_0001[1].pnghey I got my start after a button hard reset :) try it I think it will solve the problem..good luck guys...after this I had a nice start screen with colorful background..pic is attached.. :):winktongue::asleep::winktongue::winktongue::winktongue::winktongue::winktongue:

Ktysai

Aug 31, 2013
Visit site
After a while the screen appears. Sometimes it takes hours. If you need an app, just press SEARCH and type the name of the app.
I have slow down the problem by having just a few icons on the start screen.

mayasl

Nov 27, 2015
Visit site
I updated my Lumia 820 to Windows Mobile 10 Technical Preview last night. Now phone does not even boot up. No charging indication as well. No power at all! :(

Raunaq Sharma

Sep 23, 2014
Visit site
well when I updated to windows 10... the update didn't finish... I guess maybe the battery exhausted or smthing... but the phone switched off... then when I booted next... it just showed spinning gears... but phone doesn't start... what should I do...my phone hasn't been working for a whole week now

Maurizio Troso

Aug 22, 2014
Visit site
well when I updated to windows 10... the update didn't finish... I guess maybe the battery exhausted or smthing... but the phone switched off... then when I booted next... it just showed spinning gears... but phone doesn't start... what should I do...my phone hasn't been working for a whole week now

There's an advice for keepin plugged phone during updates, for avoid brick! You must connect to a pc and use Device Recovery Tool and hope it works.

Christopher Moor

Jun 16, 2014
Visit site
I find restoring the phone if you get a call during it fails recovery. No Start Screen Tiles. You have to hold down on app shortcuts in the All Apps menu and add them to Start creating the entire Start Screen from scratch.

Exotic Hadron

May 19, 2013
Visit site
I'm experiencing the same issue on 10.0.10586.242 and 10.0.10586.318 on SAMSUNG ATIV S.

The issue is as follows:

• The phone restarts all of a sudden.
  • It works for some time, then it restarts again, soon after it restarted itself.
  • After this restart you see Windows logo quick and then you see only black screen.

It looks like there are issues with writing to the SD card. Seems to me that Windows restarts on errors writing to the SD card. Next time it fails to start due to errors on the SD card.
If you pull out SD card, the phone enters loop mode (it buzzes and Windows logo doesn't show off).

I've had this on 10.0.10586.242. Left the phone on the charge while I was sleeping but was happy to find the phone working in the morning.
Thought that was a single case. However today's morning the phone restarted again. Now that it 10.0.10586.318. It wasn't update issue, because the phone worked for more than 24 hrs after it updated to 10.0.10586.318.

Maurizio Troso

Aug 22, 2014
Visit site
I'm experiencing the same issue on 10.0.10586.242 and 10.0.10586.318 on SAMSUNG ATIV S.

The issue is as follows:

• The phone restarts all of a sudden.
  • It works for some time, then it restarts again, soon after it restarted itself.
  • After this restart you see Windows logo quick and then you see only black screen.

It looks like there are issues with writing to the SD card. Seems to me that Windows restarts on errors writing to the SD card. Next time it fails to start due to errors on the SD card.
If you pull out SD card, the phone enters loop mode (it buzzes and Windows logo doesn't show off).

I've had this on 10.0.10586.242. Left the phone on the charge while I was sleeping but was happy to find the phone working in the morning.
Thought that was a single case. However today's morning the phone restarted again. Now that it 10.0.10586.318. It wasn't update issue, because the phone worked for more than 24 hrs after it updated to 10.0.10586.318.

Never cheked your sd card with a laptop?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NunezGuad