Windows Phone 8.1 OS @WMC?

travisel

Sep 9, 2012
Visit site
This thread sucks!

So Microsoft not saying a word on a update for WP8 until the big unified SP1 for Windows 8, RT, WP etc etc Office software update's code name "Blue" ? That's crazy another 6 months... 😒

a5cent

Nov 3, 2011
Visit site
This thread sucks!

So Microsoft not saying a word on a update for WP8 until the big unified SP1 for Windows 8, RT, WP etc etc Office software update's code name "Blue" ? That's crazy another 6 months... 

The only thing that is certain, is that Microsoft has nothing official to report at MWC. If they did, they would have scheduled a press conference, which they didn't.

In regard to Windows Blue... it appears Blue for WP8 will come after Blue for W8 and RT. For WP8 Blue is still a long way out... more than six months.

Beyond that, it is really hard to say much, because we still don't really know what Microsoft's official update policy is. Do they want to release very few large updates, or do they intend to release smaller updates more frequently, say every two or three months? Nobody knows. I'm not even sure Microsoft knows.

I'm guessing carriers aren't very willing to accommodate frequent updates, but based on the current state of WP8, I have a hard time imagining Microsoft can wait six months. I think they are in a pickle.

Cheers! Hickup!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99