Windows Phone 8.1?s greatly improved YouTube experience, plays under lock screen and more

Windows Central

WinC Bot
Staff member
Dec 17, 2013
Visit site
Youtube_Windows_Phone_81.jpg

When it comes to video playback on Windows Phone, especially YouTube, things can get a little complicated. We won?t rehash the whole Google-Microsoft tiff over an official app again, but what we can share with you is some details about how Microsoft worked really hard on Windows Phone 8.1?s HTML5 video capability.
We recently spoke with a Microsoft developer who worked on IE 11 HTML5 audio/video features, including all the details of the modifications. They?re quite significant, and we?re confident that once you learn about them, you?ll be even more excited to pick up the 8.1 bits in the coming weeks.

Full story from the WPCentral blog...

Zacharyw70

Sep 3, 2013
Visit site
Will Google ever go back to making an official Youtube app with WP8.1? I know the third-party apps work great I'm just curious.

ven07

Jan 27, 2014
Visit site
Will Google ever go back to making an official Youtube app with WP8.1? I know the third-party apps work great I'm just curious.

I highly doubt it.. The relationship between them is not rock solid.. Just make use of the third party apps.. But with his update we might not even need third party apps lol

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
killshot4077