Windows Phone 8.1 Sdk help

neo158

Oct 6, 2011
Visit site
Last edited:

hopmedic

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
I would say that you aren't running a 64-bit version of Windows, can you post a screen shot of the system properties?

Also remember that Virtualisation hardware support has to be switched on in EFI as well as Hyper-V being installed in Windows.

That's what I think, too. There's a reason it says that the missing requirement is Windows 8 x64.

hermantj

Feb 7, 2014
Visit site
Can anyone tell me what i am doing wrong?
I installed VS express 2013 (free one). Then SDK for wp8.1, then simulator. It is still not working...

Sent from my RM-821_eu_spain_435 using Tapatalk

pdelvo

Apr 2, 2014
Visit site
Not if you are providing so little information .Thas like "I bought a car, and its not working. What am I doing wrong?"

neo158

Oct 6, 2011
Visit site
Can anyone tell me what i am doing wrong?
I installed VS express 2013 (free one). Then SDK for wp8.1, then simulator. It is still not working...

Sent from my RM-821_eu_spain_435 using Tapatalk

You shouldn't need to install them separately as the download for the SDK contains everything, including Update 2 which is required for the WP8.1 SDK.

neo158

Oct 6, 2011
Visit site
That's what I think, too. There's a reason it says that the missing requirement is Windows 8 x64.

Exactly, I guess that under system type in system properties they saw "x64 based processor" and thought they had a 64-bit version of Windows, when in fact the full line reads "32-bit Operating System, x64 based processor".

I also noticed that in the post I replied to it says "my PC has all the requirements to run hyper-v", the PC may well have the requirements but if the software doesn't then it won't work.

Jas00555

Retired Ambassador
Jun 8, 2013
Visit site
So just out of curiosity... Am I able to run this on a surface pro? I've never delved into the BIOS for this thing.

Posted via the WPC App for Android!

CageJ

Aug 6, 2013
Visit site
You shouldn't need to install them separately as the download for the SDK contains everything, including Update 2 which is required for the WP8.1 SDK.
I have VS 2012 with WP8.0 SDK installed, without it, none WP8.1 emulator in VS 2013 work.. at least for me.

Ma Rio

Sep 28, 2013
Visit site
Ok I have another problem, everything works except the thing that when I start the emulator it just stays forever on "Windows Phone OS is starting". It's not even frozen or anything, I can rotate the phone and interact with the emulator, but it just wont load the system. No errors or anything. Capture.PNG

hopmedic

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
Ok I have another problem, everything works except the thing that when I start the emulator it just stays forever on "Windows Phone OS is starting". It's not even frozen or anything, I can rotate the phone and interact with the emulator, but it just wont load the system. No errors or anything.
How long did you wait. It takes a PAINFULLY long time. Seems to get worse with each incremental version.

neo158

Oct 6, 2011
Visit site
Ok I have another problem, everything works except the thing that when I start the emulator it just stays forever on "Windows Phone OS is starting". It's not even frozen or anything, I can rotate the phone and interact with the emulator, but it just wont load the system. No errors or anything. View attachment 61339

As mentioned above it takes a long time to load, don't forget you are emulating the ARM processor which slows the loading process down.

illidanx

Oct 25, 2012
Visit site
Ok I have another problem, everything works except the thing that when I start the emulator it just stays forever on "Windows Phone OS is starting". It's not even frozen or anything, I can rotate the phone and interact with the emulator, but it just wont load the system. No errors or anything. View attachment 61339

give it 15 to 30 minutes.

hermantj

Feb 7, 2014
Visit site
So I will uninstall everything and start over. Since I never used VS, it's kind of complicated for me.
I summarize :
1- Install of visual studio express 2013 (where can I download the update 2 already?)
2- Install of wp8.1 SDK
3- Follow the indications in the 2nd post

Alain_A

Dec 2, 2012
Visit site
Re: Windows Phone 8.1

If you just want to check out the emulator:

Open Visdual Studio. Go to File -> New Project -> Templates -> Store-Apps -> Empty App (Universal App). Give it any name and lick OK. Now you have a new project. At the top is a green arrow with Local Computer next to it. Click on the arrow which points down right to it click on start project and then the Windows Phone 8.1 part. Now the text at the arrow changes and a emulator is selected (by default the smallest version). If you want you can click the down arrow again and change the emulator. then click the green arrow and the emulator start. it takes a little bit longer the first time. it starts a virtual machine in the background. If it is powered up your app starts. you can exit out of it and explore.

tried to follow that it did not work for me..
I guess I'll uninstall it and restart

Last edited:

Ma Rio

Sep 28, 2013
Visit site
Re: Windows Phone 8.1

Its starts instantly when I launch it via the Hyper-V Manager. soo thats why i asked.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
flynempire