Windows Phone Apps in 2021 to enhance the experience?

mr_poobah

Mar 27, 2019
Visit site
At present I'm using a Windows Lumia 950XL as my primary phone whilst I wait to replace my android phone (basically in-between phones) in a few months I will use the windows phone as my work phone

I am wondering if there are any apps that would enhance the experience that I have yet to find or one that is an improvement on what I use below

AIR for Facebook
Audible
Amazon
Loco music player delight
Mail +
MyTube!
My tuner radio pro
Podcasted
Spotify
Telegram
VLC

RTGent

Jan 24, 2013
Visit site
Go to android and download Microsoft apps on it and if you want them tiles still download launcher 10

Square Home is another one. At some point, a couple of years ago or so, I tried both and opted for buying this one on an early Android candidate, but don't recall why. I am not recommending it over Launcher 10 at all, and I haven't kept up with either. I also haven't kept up with Angroid, so I don't know of any compatibility or optimization with either. I use the Microsoft Launcher and have loaded a bunch of Microsoft apps, including OneNote, Word, Outlook, Edge, Bing, To Do, etc., on an LG V30, my main "for-when-I-have-to" device. The one factor I do recall is that the Windows sim launchers both used more battery life than the native Sony and LG launchers, and the Microsoft Launcher. Here is a good recent video on Square Home: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZrilhWq6Oj8
This video is encouraging me to give this another try.

RTGent

Jan 24, 2013
Visit site
At present I'm using a Windows Lumia 950XL as my primary phone whilst I wait to replace my android phone (basically in-between phones) in a few months I will use the windows phone as my work phone

I am wondering if there are any apps that would enhance the experience that I have yet to find or one that is an improvement on what I use below

AIR for Facebook
Audible
Amazon
Loco music player delight
Mail +
MyTube!
My tuner radio pro
Podcasted
Spotify
Telegram
VLC

Out of these, I only use Audible and Spotify on my still-daily 950, although Spotify stopped working well some time ago -at least a year. I have premium, but it doesn't even find common artists, let alone their specific albums. Fortunately, Groove still plays my >100GB collection beautifully, with artist images on lock screen, etc.

OneNote, other Office apps, To Do, PDF Viewer Plus, Pencil Sketch Collage are my contributions. (Don't know what may still be available)

Tip: Do not uninstall any working apps because they may not be available at the Store for re-download/installation. This happened to me with Accuweather. Fortunately the native weather app sill works fine, including the live tile.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss