Windows Phone dealbreaker- Horrible performance

Ebuka Allison

Feb 19, 2013
Visit site
I've been getting horrible performance since I downloaded Cyan. Slow and laggy start screen, resuming and loading times increased, it was worse than the dev preview. I hoped update one would fix it but no dice. I'm hoping this is because I have a low-end device...because I wanna buy a 930 or M8 and I'm worried that this would show up on those

Jul 14, 2014
Visit site
I've been getting horrible performance since I downloaded Cyan. Slow and laggy start screen, resuming and loading times increased, it was worse than the dev preview. I hoped update one would fix it but no dice. I'm hoping this is because I have a low-end device...because I wanna buy a 930 or M8 and I'm worried that this would show up on those

Man, I'm running a 1020 here and everything is as smooth as it should, except for Data Sense which is being a utter pain in my ... lately

Desynthesis

May 12, 2014
Visit site
Hmm...have you considered using the Nokia Recovery Tool? It sounds like you have a Lumia with an older version of 8.0 installed on it.

I've got a 925--which is a bit less powerful than the 930, and I used the recovery tool to go back to 8.0 since I lost Internet Sharing when I updated, and missed certain features. So I'm still on Lumia Cyan, and performance is very quick and very responsive. Apps that are slow are clearly traceable to the app themselves, rather than the OS. Then again, when I updated to 8.1, except for the obviously unfinished Xbox Music app, I didn't feel any major loss in responsiveness or performance. At the very least, the 925 is perfectly capable of handling it (and so would be the 930, which has those updates by design).

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs