Windows Phone Desktop App + iTunes Not Responding Error (FIXED)

anon(5370748)

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Wasn't sure where to post this, but I just wanted to relay my experience with getting the Windows Phone App to sync to my iTunes Library last night in case anyone else is having this problem.

I transferred an iTunes library from a Surface Pro 3 to a Yoga 2 Pro, and then installed the Windows Phone Desktop App to try to sync podcasts to a Lumia 1020. The Windows Phone Desktop App kept throwing an error when I tried to connect it to iTunes saying that iTunes was not responding and to close any open dialogue boxes. After that, the sync button was gray. I tried uninstalling and reinstalling a few times, changing the name of the phone and switching USB ports, but it kept doing the same thing. Finally I moved the iTunes music directory to the desktop, uninstalled both iTunes and WP Desktop app and rebooted. I then installed iTunes and manually added the songs and podcasts only (didn't have it scan for media, didn't add any xml or library files). After that was done, I reinstalled the WP Desktop app and it synced properly. Something in the library or xml was corrupting the connection and rebuilding them from scratch fixed it. Just wanted to save anyone who encountered this problem a few hours of troubleshooting.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kuyhaa