Wireless charger probs (yes another thread)

MF73

Nov 22, 2012
Visit site
I've had my wireless charger for about three weeks now. Initially I was pretty impressed at the speed, not far off a mains charger, but the last couple of days it is really slow, was on for 3 hours this morning on my desk and put an additional 10% in. Also the phone now seems to be getting hotter than usual when lifting it off the charger. Has anyone else had a problem with the speed of charging slowing right down? Or maybe something in the background is draining my battery quickly, anyway I can check what apps are using my battery? I'm trying to charge using the USB cable from my computer now, hopefully that will tell me if its the phone or the wireless charger...

larspassic

Apr 13, 2012
Visit site
I put my 920 on my wireless charger last night with around 21% battery, and confirmed that it was charging. When I woke up this morning, it was searing hot to the touch, almost painfully hot, and it had not charged at all (around 14% remaining)! I wonder if this has anything to do with any of the small updates that Nokia is pushing out?

MF73

Nov 22, 2012
Visit site
I've just soft reset my phone and it seems to be taking a charge again. Hopefully a one off, I don't want to have to keep doing that just to charge it...

larspassic

Apr 13, 2012
Visit site
Hopefully there are no issues with your wireless charger. Although, that would be better than issues with your phone!

I just tried charging my phone plugged via USB into my laptop, and it got fairly hot, and continued to drop! Even after I performed a reboot, it is still not charging via USB. I have it plugged into the wall with the nokia charge adapter / USB cord that came with the phone. If this still fails to charge, I am going to get a new phone.

duncan0622

Dec 27, 2012
Visit site
I had experience - The extreme heat and slow charging was found once your phone are poorly connected to the charger. (Charge is blinking). If it is blinking, you cannot simply re- put your phone in the right place to charge again, all you can do is restart your phone to avoid receiving extreme heat and slow charging.

Precaution of poor connection - Make sure charger sits in the very center position under your phone.

highercal

Feb 7, 2013
Visit site
I had experience - The extreme heat and slow charging was found once your phone are poorly connected to the charger. (Charge is blinking). If it is blinking, you cannot simply re- put your phone in the right place to charge again, all you can do is restart your phone to avoid receiving extreme heat and slow charging.

Precaution of poor connection - Make sure charger sits in the very center position under your phone.

^^Yep, what he said. If the LED indicator blinks, then it means its not properly charging. This infomation can also be found in the manual that was provided.

Daylife

Feb 21, 2013
Visit site
No issues here. I have 3 wireless charges lol...one in the bedroom, kitchen, living room lol
Sent from my Nokia Lumia 920 using Board Express

brdl04

Feb 28, 2011
Visit site
I have had 3 Lumia 920's (not warranty or issues, but just different colors) and have owned 4 wireless chargers, and I have never once had a bad experience with charging. I cant comprehend how people have issues sometimes.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
quicktravo