Wireless Charging Issue Post GDR2/Amber with Otterbox

Matthew Blair

Aug 15, 2013
Visit site
For whatever reason now, it will not charge my 920 through the Otterbox case.

It will charge with nothing on it, it will charge with just the Otterbox silicone wrapped around it, but it will not charge through the plastic inner case.

If this is going to be the new norm post update after I spent over 50 bucks on this case, I'm going to be super fried *%&#$#@!

Can anyone else confirm this issue? Thoughts?

sharpycl

Nov 28, 2007
Visit site
I am running the French Amber Rom on my AT&T 920 with the otterbox case installed on it and it charges wirelessly just fine.

I don't have any thoughts on why this doesn't work. Sorry.

Adretheon

Sep 28, 2011
Visit site
I've noticed that it takes a little bit longer for my phone to start charging after GDR2/Amber. I wonder if they changed something with the wifi charging.

iggyinpa

Sep 9, 2013
Visit site
I am having charging issues now that didn't exist before. I am using the Nokia DT-910 wireless charging stand, and periodically it will chime as if it were initially set on the stand/plugged-in to start charging, it woke me up twice last night before I finally just took it off the charger. I am using the Incipio dual-pro case, and didn't have this issue prior to the Amber/GDR 2 update.I will have to do some more testing, as I turned on the glance feature last night for the first time, but I would have thought that after waiting an eternity for AT&T to finish their "testing", something this simple would have been found.

Garp

Sep 30, 2013
Visit site
I am having charging issues now that didn't exist before. I am using the Nokia DT-910 wireless charging stand, and periodically it will chime as if it were initially set on the stand/plugged-in to start charging,.

I'm having the same issue. I have the Nokia CC-1043 cover and have the issue on the DT900 and DT910 charging stands. It hasn't woken me up, but it is annoying. I'll try killing Glance to see if that's the issue, if not then I guess the case is the next culprit?

invisik

Feb 15, 2012
Visit site
Yes mine will chime when its already been on the wireless charger for a while too. Didn't do it on the wired charger. I'll try turning my glance off and see if it does it.

I have a speck case on that historically had no trouble with wireless charging.

invisik

Feb 15, 2012
Visit site
I tested last night with Glance off, I heard the wireless charging sound 3 times while it was sitting there....

Tonight I'll try taking the phone out of the case and see if that makes any difference.

-m

dorkmier

Oct 14, 2013
Visit site
Wireless Charging worked fine until the day of the upgrade, even through my defender case on my 920. Now I get a chime every few minutes like it's starting a charge. Without the case, I get a chime when it's done charging. Had to take it off the charger in the middle of the night. Annoying as hell.

invisik

Feb 15, 2012
Visit site
Mine does it all the time, glance or not, case on or off. It's almost like the phone stops recognizing it's wirelessly charging, then the screen lights up and the charging sound plays, like I just put it on there. Seems to be OS software issue to me. Not the end of the world, though. Will have GDR3 soon enough that might fix this up.

-m

v-bmyers

Feb 2, 2014
Visit site
I can't say anything about the original post about the otterbox problem, but beginning with the post by "iggyinpa" at 10-12-2013, 09:08 AM , the problem appears to be fix by the recent "Black" update.

I jusdt received notification of it this morning, and allowed it to install and have no charging chirping problems since.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leliawindler