Wireless Display on Lumia 950 not working

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

I am trying to connect the Lumia 950 phone to a wireless display, but it is never able to connect to the display. It shows connecting ..... status for a while and then shows unable to connect.

I am trying to connect to LeEco X55 TV. My other Andriod phone are successfully able to connect to the display in Wirelss Display mode but Lumia 950 fails to do so.

Is there a known issue with the wireless Display connectivity on Lumia 950.

-Nabeel

Chintan Gohel

May 23, 2014
Visit site
I am trying to connect the Lumia 950 phone to a wireless display, but it is never able to connect to the display. It shows connecting ..... status for a while and then shows unable to connect.

I am trying to connect to LeEco X55 TV. My other Andriod phone are successfully able to connect to the display in Wirelss Display mode but Lumia 950 fails to do so.

Is there a known issue with the wireless Display connectivity on Lumia 950.

-Nabeel

the usual issue would be if they are compatible or not. Is that particular hardware supported?

If you need additional help or have more questions or details to share, please join the site so you can reply in this thread. See this link for instructions on how to join Windows Central.

Nabeel46

Oct 4, 2016
Visit site
Thanks for quick response.

How do I know the devices are incompatible. Does Microsoft maintain list of Wireless Displays with which Windows phones are compatible.

The TV I am using in Andriod 5.0 based. Does that ring any bell. WINDOWS PHONE -> ANDRIOD TV

steeler4life

Apr 12, 2013
Visit site
I was having a similar problem with all wireless adapters (including Microsoft's own adapter) connecting to my Lumia 950. I had to do a hard reset. It deleted everything but it worked. I did not install the back up files or any previous back ups had created. I wanted to start my phone with the way it came when I first bought it. I reinstalled everything from the store that I could remember I needed and connected my accounts. It sucked but that is what allowed my phone to connect and work.

steeler4life

Apr 12, 2013
Visit site
Whooh, thats some commitment... Do you mean to say that you did a factory reset of the phone and wiped off everything. After doing that it connects to Wireless display !!

Yes I did a factory reset. I was a insider fast ring user but got tired of the bugs since this is my main phone. I enjoyed trying the new features but would get tired of not being able to do basics sometimes like unlocking my phone, connecting to the wireless adaptor, etc... Now I am able to connect. I have tried a couple smart TVs, and microsoft wireless display adapter (the MS adaptor is my main one though).

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos