With the Lumia 1520, should I sell the Note 2 or the 4s?

thomas001

Nov 22, 2013
Visit site
Using 2 phones right now, Note 2 as the primary and iPhone 4s as the backup. When I get the Lumia 1520, which should I sell and which phone should I keep as a backup phone?

Thoughts?

Cheers, Thom.

lovenokia

Sep 23, 2011
Visit site
It depends on what operating system you prefer. I would probably sill the iphone 4s, and keep the note 2 as backup since it is also a phablet. The iphone is not a phablet, and can not do quite as much as the note 2, but the note 2 is not as smooth and cohesive as the iphone in certain aspects. Personally, as I said, keep the note 2, sell the iphone 4s.

zwuncki

Mar 3, 2013
Visit site
I would keep the iPhone 4S.

The Lumia 1520 is really really BIG. I'm sure that sometimes it's nice to use a small smartphone (sometimes when partying etc.). With the Note 2 you would have 2 really really BIG phones (aka phablets). Would be too much for me.

Nov 20, 2012
Visit site
I would keep the iPhone 4S.

The Lumia 1520 is really really BIG. I'm sure that sometimes it's nice to use a small smartphone (sometimes when partying etc.). With the Note 2 you would have 2 really really BIG phones (aka phablets). Would be too much for me.
Thats a good point. Besides I think an iPhone would compliment windows phone much more than android.

multo

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
As a wp and Android user, I'll go the other way. I'll sell the iPhone. Though it'd be nice to have both, the large difference in size might make you uncomfortable when switching from one to the other. I'd prefer, on a personal note to have 2 units of nearly the same size. But that's just me

jaj324

Banned
May 12, 2012
Visit site
I only sell devices when I've decided that I'll never use them again. If there is a chance that you may want to use both at some point. Keep both.

thomas001

Nov 22, 2013
Visit site
I've still got apps in Android or IOS that are not in Windows Phone 8 yet, e.g. Tango for video calls. My google contacts is the master copy, although I occasionally sync to IOS as well for backups.

Dezolis

Nov 10, 2012
Visit site
I would keep the iPhone I had a 5S and a Nexus 5 I returned the Nexus 5 when I got the 1520. IMHO iOS still has the best overall mobile eco-system, and you combine that with the best mobile hardware currently which is the 1520 you got the best of both worlds.

jeetu4444

Sep 3, 2013
Visit site
It all depends what you prefer i'm using lumia 1020 and note 2. I would say sell note 2 and keep iphone. 2 big fones doesn't make sense. And if u prefer android over ios then keep note 2. Iam looking for a dual sim high end android. Coz I have 3 numbers. My main fone is lumia 1020.

jomarr

Sep 12, 2012
Visit site
I'd sell the note 2 but it depends on you. If I have the 1520, I will not need another phablet plus as an audiophile, I prefer the sound quality on the 4s WAYYYY better than the Note 2. The Note 2 has horrible sound quality but that's just me.

Also, the ecosystem of Apple is still superior than Android's plus support. I went from an iPhone 5 to a Lumia 920 and I'm loving the 920 but the iPhone I'd say is still the best all around phone overall. It's premium built and packs so much in so little plus the support and aftersales of Apple is clearly superior before, during or after the warranty period.

Dave Blake

Mod and Ambassador Team Emeritus
Jan 11, 2008
Visit site
I would sell the Note 2. The iPhone will hold its value where as the Note 2 is on its way out. You wont be using the iPhone anyways so better to have the phone that holds its value sitting in the drawer for a while. When you finally give up and sell it because you like your L1520 so much you will make a few dollars.

Bernard Ofori

Jul 8, 2013
Visit site
mehn, wish the 1520 came unlocked, l would have probably swapped my 928 for the 1520. walked in the microsoft store today and this guy had the 1520, holy moses the phone looks sooo damn good. personally l would keep the note 2 and sell the 4s. get the 1520 and battery life on 1520 is marvelous.

WanderingTraveler

Dec 23, 2012
Visit site
From experience, Samsung devices don't hold their price well.
Apple device hold their price well until a certain point. That said, the 4S has a ridiculous price right now online - ridiculous for a two year old phone.

Sell the Note II first and get a 5th Gen iPod touch as a replacement for the 4S, should you need the apps. Knowing resale prices, you'd actually have a slim profit should you do the 4S->iPod Touch switch.

zwuncki

Mar 3, 2013
Visit site
From experience, Samsung devices don't hold their price well.
Apple device hold their price well until a certain point. That said, the 4S has a ridiculous price right now online - ridiculous for a two year old phone.

That is because many people still prefer the 4S over the 5/5C/5S because it feels so wellmade, it's smaller and you just have a wow feeling when holding it (like with the Lumia 1520). The iPhone 5 series just feels cheap. Many people dislike that.

jaj324

Banned
May 12, 2012
Visit site
That is because many people still prefer the 4S over the 5/5C/5S because it feels so wellmade, it's smaller and you just have a wow feeling when holding it (like with the Lumia 1520). The iPhone 5 series just feels cheap. Many people dislike that.

I agree. My wife and daughter got 5S's the day they were released so I sold my wife's white 4s on eBay. After I took the case and screen protector off and saw that it was in perfect condition and got a good feel for just how awesome of a piece of hardware it is I almost kept it for myself. The only reason I didn't is because it doesn't have LTE. Our LTE network is very strong and I've gotten accustomed to it. I could never go back to 4g.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rorymi6