Won a phone I cannot use, not sure what to do

sweeneyben

Oct 14, 2011
Visit site
Hey guys, I won a new Windows Phone 7, thanks to @BenThePCGuy, you can see it via this wpcentral story

http://www.windowscentral.com/microsoft-announces-winners-frustrated-blackberry-iphone-users-contest

Anyways, my tweet was I am tired of my Storm2 (a Verizon only device), and they picked mine as one of the winners, and I got my phone today. As suspected, it is not the Verizon Trophy, but a new Samsung Focus. Now if I move to AT&T, I would get a new phone anyways, so now I have a useless phone. I would like to trade it for the Trophy, or I guess sell it, but I was looking for any ideas from the community, of how I can swap this Focus for a Trophy.

Any thoughts/Suggestions would be greatly appreciated, since I really want to use a Windows Phone 7!

Thanks again,

Ben

selfcreation

Dec 16, 2010
Visit site
First thing, WELCOME to WP/WPcentral :)

would it not work if u had it unlocked??

- E-bay
- Local KIJIJI
- gregs list
- post it on your facebook...

does are your best option....

you could get the app * Im a WP7 * connect it to wifi and see if any one near you has a HTC trophy, send him a msg to see if he wants to trade. LOL ...

sweeneyben

Oct 14, 2011
Visit site
I let them know before hand i was on Verizon, and sent them 3 emails, and 3 tweets, never got a response when I said I wanted a Trophy. Won't work unlocked, AT&T is GSM Verizon is CDMA. I will try sending Microsoft another email, but I think they think I am just being a pain, but as of now them sending me this was useless...
Thanks for the welcome and the responses!

11B1P

Sep 5, 2011
Visit site
What about posting it on a local website in the classifieds section? Find out how much a Trophy off contract will run you, and try to sell the Focus for that amount, or more ;) That way you can get rid of it locally without any shipping hassels.

Judge_Daniel

Sep 7, 2011
Visit site
I'm in a similar situation, except I knew I was signing up for a Focus (I entered a Bing contest on Twitter). When waiting for the phone, I came up with three options:

1. Keep both my new and old phones until the contract on the old expires. I would just use the new phone on WiFi.
2. Sell the Focus and buy a Trophy. Or barter for one.
3. Sell the Focus and keep the cash until a better phone came out on Verizon.

I ended up doing number one. My contract on my Verizon phone ends November 27th, at which point I will either switch my service to AT&T (month-to-month, since I already own the Focus--that way, I can upgrade at any time when the next generation comes out or drops in price) or continue to wait for a Verizon phone (if one is announced before then). I'll probably end up doing AT&T month-to-month, though, since I've just about had it with Verizon.

Judge_Daniel

Sep 7, 2011
Visit site
Oh! And I'm VERY pleased with using my Focus on WiFi only for now. The battery life is spectacular and it still does everything except make phone calls (I set up texting through the GoVoice app). It also gives me the option to upgrade to a newer phone whenever I want, since I'm still satisfied with the two phones.

power5

Oct 10, 2011
Visit site
I can send you a prepaid shipping box. All you would need to do is put the phone in and drop it at a convenient shipping location.

Dave Blake

Mod and Ambassador Team Emeritus
Jan 11, 2008
Visit site
I would suggest Craig's list that is what I use. I have sold bought and traded phones a bunch. Just be careful watch for scammers. meet the buyer at a store where there are other people around.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99