workaround for calendar app not opening?

Paolo Ferrazza

Dec 7, 2014
Visit site
Hi,
I saw many people on main news feed that can't open calendar anymore since the last update.
I have the same issue, has anyone found a solution??

floppyedonkey

Dec 22, 2014
Visit site
Negative, still sitting with a non working updated calendar.

Have you tried reinstalling the mail, calendar app? I haven't too lazy and feel this should be something I need to do.

Been also having issues with text messages, but a soft reset seems to work.

Ugh.

tut1234

Apr 4, 2014
Visit site
I think there is an update in the store. You should look there. My calendar live tile just started working. Funny.

Posted via the Windows Central App for Android

Aziz Abdurachman

Jul 31, 2014
Visit site
I don't know, my live tile is still updating too, but it still not working, tried to unpin & repin, restart but no luck. I don't want to hard reset for now, maybe just wait until next update.
However, have someone submitted with feedback app? If not here is my feedback, but I don't know how to paste special link in here:

Windows-Feedback:?contextid=260&feedbackid=043eb0ad-5e6b-4544-b567-e301be782569&form=2&src=1

or just remove "http://" from front of address bar in you Edge Mobile:
Windows-Feedback:?contextid=260&feedbackid=043eb0ad-5e6b-4544-b567-e301be782569&form=2&src=1

Paolo Ferrazza

Dec 7, 2014
Visit site
I'm on 930 and have only MS account and facebook linked to it.
Actually I mainly use cortana reminders so I really do not need to open the calendar app, and tile and reminders are working.
I was just curious to know if someone unistalled and reinstalled, too lazy to do it myself today, maybe I'll try that sooner or later!

Aziz Abdurachman

Jul 31, 2014
Visit site
I'm on 930 and have only MS account and facebook linked to it.
Actually I mainly use cortana reminders so I really do not need to open the calendar app, and tile and reminders are working.
I was just curious to know if someone unistalled and reinstalled, too lazy to do it myself today, maybe I'll try that sooner or later!
Uh so it's not low ram problem & too many account issue, I think. I've tried to unlink facebook but still no luck.
My live tile & reminder is still working after re-link facebook calendar the birthday & events reminder is still work, but can't be opened (this is not like WP8.1 when events from FB goes to FB app if I tap it, in W10 it just open the Outlook Calendar).

Btw you can't uninstall outlook app, maybe someone would do hard reset, because I'm too lazy to do it too, haha :p

I hope Microsoft staff see this thread or read our feedback.

Mar 2, 2015
Visit site
Everything works fine on my 930 although I have bunch of linked calendars including MS, Google, Facebook and some others imported stuff... It only crashes sometimes when I try to expand to month view, but that's something I can live with...

Paolo Ferrazza

Dec 7, 2014
Visit site
There's a lot of feedback in the feedback app. I upvoted many feedbacks regarding this issue and left mine too. Fingers crossed.

Actually developers receive crash reports automatically on their dashboard with stacktraces so microsoft is certanly aware of the issue and what is causing it.

pmhgeneral

Dec 23, 2011
Visit site
As of today I'm still having same problem with app or tile not opening to calendar but Tile still update's. Using only 1 MS account and reminders on a 928 and did a hard reset after last OS update. Hopefully they release a fix today?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taylormcintire