Wow am I glad I didn't make the 'switch'

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mizmo

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Change which region? The one in my phone or my LIVE account region (you can't do that btw)? Can someone confirm what izzyq8 said?
i live in luxembourg and have a luxembourgish live account and i can buy from UK store with my paypal account (luxembourgish address and creditcard).
there are 2 small problems. if i buy from 2 different stores and do a reset + backup, it can't install the apps automatically. they all stay in download queue with an error. i have to start them manually and it will install those for the current region, after that you have to change it and it will install the rest of them.
second, on windowsphone.com you can only see your purchase history and push apps to phone from one country.

rockstarzzz

Apr 3, 2012
Visit site
Can you please clarify:
  • Is your phone set to USA region?
  • Is your live account set to USA region?
  • What determines marketplace region; the region set on the phone or the region set on your Live account?
  • If my live(outlook) account is set to Pakistan, but I set the phone to USA, will the phone display the USA market? And will then I be able to use a Pakistan based credit card?

Yes phone is set to USA region.
Live account is set to UK.
I think it's the phone region that determines what apps I see in market. How? Because my "Nokia apps" change with my region. Same live ID.
My live account is UK. My phone is set to USA. I see USA only Nokia exclusives and use them too. I am using Dubai based credit card for purchases.

It cannot be simpler than this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs