WP 8.1 Update 2 (GDR 2) - What to expect

encorelui2

Nov 7, 2014
Visit site
Don't know if its just me but I hate the music player on this thing. I am hoping they'll revamp it. For some reason it never syncs with the device's hard drive to update songs as they get added. Half the times the music player won't shoe a particular song or artist I added, but then the MixRadio app will find the said song or artist.
Other minor handicarpd have to do with the browser. IE sucks. Sorry Microsoft but that thing is nonsense compared to others.

SBNLUK

Aug 11, 2013
Visit site
I hope the navigation in Bing maps will now work. Currently only HERE maps work fine but are not the default navigator anymore.
Or an option to uninstall Bing Maps.

Nokia5110

Feb 5, 2014
Visit site
Offline access to contacts (edit and access contacts on sim card).
USB otg & tethering.

Pin four (4) tiles only at the bottom on the start screen.

Toggle WiFi.

pedmar007

Jun 17, 2014
Visit site
Because cortana is not available in many countries. Plus, I do not want to speak to my phone when I'm in the train or walking with my friends. Every other OS has the functionality. Its been available since 2009.

Amazing how people want to be so private in making a call by calling a name to your PA and yet find it ok to post their entire life on FB and YT!!! but I do see how having siri, ok google and cortana would make anyone standing near someone using these features seem mental!!!

pedmar007

Jun 17, 2014
Visit site
Hopefully Cortana can call contacts from Viber!

Aren't Viber contacts in your people hub already just like whatsapp contacts? I thought from the moment you install these apps whoever in your phone's ctc list that have the same app will automatically be listed in these apps' contact listing.

pedmar007

Jun 17, 2014
Visit site
There are situation / environment where cortana/ Siri can not be used practically. Personally I don't wanna talk to my phone while being in a public place.... More over, If other OS/competitor does have it why cant wp can not have it.

? aren't the idea of these PAs on WP,IOS & ANDROID to show the general public how they work so that people would be tempted to BUY the device that the PA they heard was found on? Just saying!!! If everyone used their PA in private, WTF are they still showing google v siri v cortana ads if NO-ONE actually experiences them being used in PUBLIC!!!

udayk

Sep 8, 2014
Visit site
Integrate Cortana with HERE apps. Currently, she can't pull info from HERE Transit which is really frustrating as Bing Maps do not have transit info for my city!

haikallp

Aug 13, 2011
Visit site
? aren't the idea of these PAs on WP,IOS & ANDROID to show the general public how they work so that people would be tempted to BUY the device that the PA they heard was found on? Just saying!!! If everyone used their PA in private, WTF are they still showing google v siri v cortana ads if NO-ONE actually experiences them being used in PUBLIC!!!

Why not have both? I don't think its a difficult thing to implement since WinMo had it years ago.

vEEP pEEP

Nov 1, 2014
Visit site
Hello,

I'd love to see more photo editing options- almost like a mini photo shop suite. I'd love to be able to cut out portions of images and use them as stamps. Fast-mo and slo-mo video?
Lumia Story Teller - awesome idea - build on it. Show me a timeline with a map - let me slide through time see where I went, and when, tag and share.
Love Photobeamer - solid idea!

Mr. V

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb