wp 8.1 vs wp 8.1 update 1

salida

Jul 29, 2014
Visit site
Well after a week or so that update 1 for wp 8.1 has released what do you have to say ?

after trying both 8.1 and 8.1 update 1 i made the choice to revert back to wp 8 gdr3 and update again to wp 8.1 and stay there.

Wp 8.1 update 1 had the following bugs/problems:
  • extreme battery drain
  • ringtone bug (reverting to default after soft reset)
  • camera issues (remaing from wp8.1)
  • internet explorer somewhat not displaying everything right (displaying them differently)

so i decided to stick with with 8.1 taking into consideration the following bug/problems
  • battery drain
  • camera issues (remaining from wp8.1)

Jonnie LasVegas

May 15, 2014
Visit site
8.1 with cyan had made my phone so much smoother and better to use. The only two problems I have are IE and notifications have become unreliable.

IE is still a mess, but I'm glad they're trying things to fix it. I originally had the placebo affect and thought it was better, but after using it for a while I'm not impressed.

Notifications are now hit and miss. If I'm not getting any notifications I need to soft reset and then they'll work. But obviously this shouldn't happen.

Edit - Using the app, I hadn't noticed this was in the ativ section. I have a 1520, so that could be one reason we're having different issues.

anon(8316658)

Dec 6, 2013
Visit site
- battery drain can be fixed by hard reset or try to discover which app is causing this problem
- ringtone bug is both on 8.1 and 8.1 update 1 (Samsung Ativ S)
- camera issue is both on 8.1 and update 1 (Samsung Ativ S)
- Yes, IE has problems with some sites I can confirm this (Samsung Ativ S)

salida

Jul 29, 2014
Visit site
actually this thread is dedicated to samsung ativ s , in which we don't have neither official release of wp 8.1 nor firmware update.

i don't have ringtone bug on wp8.1
I think that ringtone bug is related to hard resetting on both wp8.1 and wp8.1 update 1

Zulfigar

Jun 27, 2012
Visit site
Well after a week or so that update 1 for wp 8.1 has released what do you have to say ?

after trying both 8.1 and 8.1 update 1 i made the choice to revert back to wp 8 gdr3 and update again to wp 8.1 and stay there.

Wp 8.1 update 1 had the following bugs/problems:
  • extreme battery drain
  • ringtone bug (reverting to default after soft reset)
  • camera issues (remaing from wp8.1)
  • internet explorer somewhat not displaying everything right (displaying them differently)

so i decided to stick with with 8.1 taking into consideration the following bug/problems
  • battery drain
  • camera issues (remaining from wp8.1)

I'll add in my two cents from a 920 Black user, but for the battery issue, see which apps you use most often and uninstall them once at a time, see if your battery stays the same or gets noticeably better.

I can't comment on either the ringtone bug (which I can see being a huge bummer) or the camera (different apps / cameras of chose, but doesn't seem like you're alone, sadly).

Internet Explorer though seems like Microsoft is trying to make it better, and usually there Developer Preview sees 1 or 2 updates before the official release, so I'm hoping this changes for the better.

Again, all from a different phone, but hopefully the battery issue is just an app that isn't optimized yet, or an app that locks up (I've been seeing a lot of that).

Tony_Offends_U

Apr 8, 2013
Visit site
What happened to the firmware that was supposed to be released for the ATIV Camera app? I'm sure that'll have fixes for all of this. After all the timely updates Samsung was pushing out for the ATIV S it seems they're starting to slow down...

1oldtimer

Feb 24, 2014
Visit site
I also reverted my 1520 back using the Nokia Software Recovery Tool. It took me from the Developer Preview to the Cyan 8.1 OS.
It seems the only issue I am having is that if I have Cortana pinned, my phone gets VERY HOT and when I wake it up, it says resuming and never actually wakes. I have to do a soft reset. Now if I unpin Cortana, everything works GREAT.
Any one got any ideas or suggestions?

wasim sallam

Sep 18, 2013
Visit site
WP8.1 update 1 make the home screen slower than ever.
with 5 live folders and the movement of the tiles are so slow and heavy when you open live folders or close an app back to home screen.
update 1 is less performance

salida

Jul 29, 2014
Visit site
Is it possible to have a poll ? (admin please help)

i think my Samsung ativ s is better with
  • developer preview 8.1
  • developer preview 8.1 with update 1

Mitch67100

Aug 24, 2014
Visit site
Hello,
Like you i install update 1 to 8.1 and i return to 8.0.
How can i do to get now 8.1 without update 1. With developper i have an update available but i ask if update 1 is in it.
My phone is samsung Ativ S

Thank's for your answer

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
killshot4077