WP Central redesign - what are your thought's?

Great deal

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
I like the that the colour is back. Maybe its just me but i find it really slow and unresponsive, im using IE11 desktop and scrolling thought forums, opening pages etc is very laggy.

EDIT: cleaned temp files and seems much faster :)

Last edited:

anon(7900571)

Aug 5, 2013
Visit site
I like the new design. It was much needed and now I am waiting for custom colors. Working smooth on my old desktop pc running windows 8.1/IE11. Try clearing temp files , history & cookies :)

Nibs

Feb 21, 2014
Visit site
Wow, the redesign was implemented perfectly here! AC's redesign is great too, but the sea-green color is not very aesthetically pleasing. I love the blue you guys used! :D

Avro504

Feb 20, 2014
Visit site
Sorry but it's absolute crap for me, not sure if it's because i'm viewing it on a Win7 notebook, or because my BB is only 1.4Mb, but it takes too long to download each page. :unhappysweat:

Teeeerex

Jul 18, 2014
Visit site
WPcentral site looks and functions horrible, it did before the redesign and it does now. It looked and worked horrible on mobile IE10, as it did on IE11, and as it does now on IE11 post 8.1 Update. It is actually very ironic, though tragic, that of all sites I have favorited on my WP phone, the site dedicated to WP looks the worst, scrolls the worst, heats up the phone the most.
It also reloads on its own, just because it wants to.

wp_ss_20140805_0001.png
This is the homepage on my freshly updated Lumia. It is horrible, and I try to browse here with my desktop browsers, they can handle this kind of crap. My mobile browser doesn't deserve this torture unless it is absolutely neccessary.

Teeeerex

Jul 18, 2014
Visit site
@Teeeerex - try clearing your cache, history, etc... you may have some old files cached on your device.

Oh I do that regularly. These are all fresh new 'files' right off your mobile site. This is what it looks like fresh and new. How bad the 'experience' is and what a pain it is to (try to) scroll it, browse it, click on links in it, is a horror I can't depict with a picture.

James Falconer

Nov 1, 2012
Visit site
Our tech and design team is currently working on tweaks to the mobile version, so I'm hopeful many fixes will be put in place. Thanks for your patience!

EchoOne30

Sep 29, 2013
Visit site
TBH I don't think it was needed. The old site was very clear and distinct. Easy to navigate, fast, etc. I'm unsure why everyone always feels the need to change. For me the site is slow now, stuttery, etc. The new layout is also confusing. Looks very "designer pretty", but functionally has lost user friendliness.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
serdezdezen