WP going for me?

voodoocars

Jan 21, 2013
Visit site
I like my htc 8s. Nice shape, size and feel. My contract on Orange runs out in 6 months and I was hoping to get an 8x. However, everywhere I have been say they have been discontinued. I'm not sure on any of the Nokias yet.
My main gripe though is that I like to watch 'free' films via the internet and I can't get them to play on the phone. YouTube works ok but that has limited movies. A friend has a Samsung with Android on it and his plays anything on it. I am not really a fan of Android but I'm thinking of switching just so I can watch films. What do you think? I'm i correct that Windows doesn't support flash player? Opinions please..

MilkyTee

Apr 24, 2013
Visit site
Adobe even stopped supporting flash on Droid, so you can only access old, unstable builds now via their archives.
Get a sub for Netflix and get the app, it's genuinely great. Much better than watching some dodgy *** pirated copy on a ropey website that may or may not lace your phone with malware.

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Windows Phone and iOS never supported flash player. (though SkyFire existed on iOS for some time - is it still up?)

Android and webOS did support flash, but Adobe (and both platforms) stopped supporting those and only old builds are available. Flash's days on mobile is numbered as even Adobe pulled the plug.

I'm skeptical of those "dodgy" sites, but you're unlikely to become infected with malware (its blown out of proportion just like WP's app situation) even on Android just yet unless you lack quite some common sense. Android is not that dangerous. Yet at least.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tallgeeselll05