WTB: "a fast 4?128GB card by a well-known manufacturer"

Status
Not open for further replies.

BarryII

May 8, 2014
Visit site
I have a Lumia 520 and all the cards I've looked at on Ebay seem to be UHS. They wouldn't work, right? I was about to continue looking on Ebay but I decided to try here.

I'm looking for a great deal on memory that would work with my 520. The user guide says for videos "it is recommended that the microSD card you use is a fast 4?128GB card by a well-known manufacturer...Use only compatible memory cards approved for use with this device." so that's what I'm looking for.

Price Range: Depends on GB and whether it's new or used, but under $30. I think the entire phone goes for about $40.

Condition: any working condition

Payment Method: Pay Pal. I'll send you a purchase payment, not a gift payment. (I forgot the proper terms)

Contact Info - Please PM or post below (do not post your email address)

BarryII

May 8, 2014
Visit site
Yes, I was willing to pay more when I was looking for 128 GB but then I figured "a fast 4–128GB card" means I could get anything from 4GB to 128GB so I lowered my GB requirements. I originally thought the 4 was a code for something other than GB. 128 is overkill, but if someone has one for $30 I won't turn it down.

bo_woods

Aug 14, 2014
Visit site
Yes, I was willing to pay more when I was looking for 128 GB but then I figured "a fast 4?128GB card" means I could get anything from 4GB to 128GB so I lowered my GB requirements. I originally thought the 4 was a code for something other than GB. 128 is overkill, but if someone has one for $30 I won't turn it down.

I have Pm'd You

BarryII

May 8, 2014
Visit site
In case I wasn't clear, the price needs to be under $30 and I don't do gift payments. I think 4GB cards go for like $4-$6, so I wouldn't take one, for example, for $35. I'm looking for a "great deal" otherwise I'll go with Amazon or Ebay or a local chain. Here are some prices I found on Amazon:

4GB: $5.73
8 GB: $7.95
16 GB: $9.95
32 GB: $13.70

BarryII

May 8, 2014
Visit site
UPDATE: Please post your offers in this thread. I'd like to give others the chance to tell me of the card isn't compatible with the Lumia 520. Compatibility is a requirement.

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I think you are needlessly over-complicating your purchase.

Fast means Class 10 or UHS. Between 4-128 GB.

Go to a local retailer and get a reputable brand marked HC or XC and look for the class 10 logo.

Capture.png

pedrolemos95

Oct 25, 2015
Visit site
UHS means the card is fast, in a simplifying way.
That means the 520 supports UHS Cards, but it won't reach the maximum speed the card supports, it will only reach the maximum speed the phone supports.

So, Lumia 520 supports ANY microSD up to 64GB.

Harrie-S

Retired Ambassador
Sep 26, 2014
Visit site
Basically correct.
UHS means that this card supports devices which have a Ultra High Speed bus. The 520 has no Ultra High speed bus "only" a High Speed Bus. And can "only" use speeds up to class 10 . But a UHS card also supports class 10 speeds which are indeed lower then UHS speeds.
So indeed you can use " UHS" cards in your phone but the max speed will be class 10 so there is no "need" to buy a very fast UHS speed card because your phone can not "use" it.
If you however also want to use the card in a PC then you can "use" the UHS speed.
And the 520 also will support larger nicro SD cards. The max size on a SD card is 2 Tera but nobody can make them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rorymi6