WTF moment: Turning OFF battery saver did improve the battery life on my Lumia 925

throt

May 15, 2014
Visit site
I felt that 925 with Cyan update the phone lasted a lot shorter time in battery saver than it did with 8.0. I never thought to try avoid using it.

Munter2

Sep 5, 2014
Visit site
The problem with the battery app always has been that it uses more power checking to see if it's needed to be turned on than it saves once it is actually on. Most users regularly won't let the battery get so low as to need the app anyway. Turning it off saves a lot more drain on the battery than it should. Since I am on T-Mobile, I still don't know how 8.1 will affect the situation, but with 8.0 I can usually get near two days before I need to charge it with moderate Internet use, about an hour, and a few phone calls.

throt

May 15, 2014
Visit site
Munter2, you got it wrong. When the phone is in battery saver mode, it uses more power than in normal mode. Or lets put it other ways - the more services are running the less it uses battery. Kinda crazy but true :D
For example, i have 21% power left, from the last chare 26h, meanwhile, I have made several calls watched ca 1h videos, used e-mail, internet, facebook, surfed web, BT, wifi etc turned on. But if I have had turned several services off and done nothing that then there would not be more juice left in the phone.

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oliveeAria