Xbox One owners get access to all of EA's "top games" for only $5 a month!

Coreldan

Oct 2, 2012
Visit site
Downloading all the games now. Was able to play the first mission in the Battlefield 4 campaign. Pretty epic really. Kept wanting to wall run though... gotta get that out of my system. :wink:

Keeps happening to me too all the time in every FPS nowadays :D

Keith Wallace

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
I had that problem with Destiny. I was going around a corner, trying to get on the wall, wondering why I couldn't do it. It wasn't that I felt I was playing Titanfall, but more that it was something I was expecting from such a futuristic sci-fi shooter of sorts.

Coreldan

Oct 2, 2012
Visit site
Anyone having problems with EA Access, more specifically with BF4? It acts as if I don't have own the game, if I try to launch it (it's installed), it asks for a disc. When I go to store, it's trying to sell it to me for the 10% EA Access discount. I already played this succesfully many days. Other EA Access vault games work normally.

I'll give it a day or two and then contact EA about it..

lukemholl

Jun 10, 2013
Visit site
Same here... Bit disappointing :-/

Anyone having problems with EA Access, more specifically with BF4? It acts as if I don't have own the game, if I try to launch it (it's installed), it asks for a disc. When I go to store, it's trying to sell it to me for the 10% EA Access discount. I already played this succesfully many days. Other EA Access vault games work normally.

I'll give it a day or two and then contact EA about it..

Coreldan

Oct 2, 2012
Visit site
Same here... Bit disappointing :-/

Well I'm a bit relieved that it's not just me then. Probably some kind of bug. Although it would considerably drop the value of this service to me right now (I do think it would till redeem itself over the year very likely) if they removed it from Vault (which they said they wouldn't do), not to mention the EA Access hub still says as if it was available as a vault game.

I'm hoping it's just a bug, but I'll give it a few days, but since this is not just me, I suppose we'll hear about this soon.

EDIT: Took a look at their twitter, filled with messages about this, they say it's not intentional and are asking for gamertags to help them look into this.

unstoppablekem

Sep 23, 2011
Visit site
Curious, am I missing something about EA Access? Do you just get the demo or play the game for a little bit? I mean, it's $30 a year and still cheaper than one Xbox One EA game. Why? Does this always need to be connected to WiFi? How does it work for games like FIFA 15 and their upcoming titles? And why do they give you a discount in the store to buy it, if you already have it on EA Access? I'm still so confused on EA Access.

Keith Wallace

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
You get 4 games (Madden 25, FIFA 15, BF4, Peggle 2) to play for a year. I haven't seen anyone mention that staying online is required. The 10% discount is for games not in the Vault and DLC (or, if you want, you COULD buy a game in there to keep permanently). The mentions of the others games is just 5 days' early access. So, for Madden 15, you'll get to play starting August 21st, then pick it up on August 26th, and keep your progress.

unstoppablekem

Sep 23, 2011
Visit site
You get 4 games (Madden 25, FIFA 15, BF4, Peggle 2) to play for a year. I haven't seen anyone mention that staying online is required. The 10% discount is for games not in the Vault and DLC (or, if you want, you COULD buy a game in there to keep permanently). The mentions of the others games is just 5 days' early access. So, for Madden 15, you'll get to play starting August 21st, then pick it up on August 26th, and keep your progress.

So FIFA 15 won't be in EA Access, just early access to the demo?

Coreldan

Oct 2, 2012
Visit site
Curious, am I missing something about EA Access? Do you just get the demo or play the game for a little bit? I mean, it's $30 a year and still cheaper than one Xbox One EA game. Why? Does this always need to be connected to WiFi? How does it work for games like FIFA 15 and their upcoming titles? And why do they give you a discount in the store to buy it, if you already have it on EA Access? I'm still so confused on EA Access.
You can ask the same questions about GWG games. I think the reason they are worth it to practiclly give away free is that either 1) once you have the basegame free, you might spend money on DLC 2) the games are at the point where they barely sell any new copies, this might be due to do age, second hand market and other reasons 3) to market upcoming games, you get to play FIFA or whatever for freee and go like "wow, nice game, I'll get the next one when it comes out" and you also get 10% discount for it now.But it's pretty safe to say that new games wont pop up in vault. I'd say 4-6 months typically minimum and probably requiring the game's own salling power running out, so it becomes financially smart to add it in a service like this that generates them money for games that otherwise wouldnt.Right now there is no special catch. Full game, full achievements, no LIVE Gold required (except for MP as always), games will be yours to play as long as you have EA Access sub running, all for the silly low annual price (monthly price isnt really worth it).

unstoppablekem

Sep 23, 2011
Visit site
You can ask the same questions about GWG games. I think the reason they are worth it to practiclly give away free is that either 1) once you have the basegame free, you might spend money on DLC 2) the games are at the point where they barely sell any new copies, this might be due to do age, second hand market and other reasons 3) to market upcoming games, you get to play FIFA or whatever for freee and go like "wow, nice game, I'll get the next one when it comes out" and you also get 10% discount for it now.But it's pretty safe to say that new games wont pop up in vault. I'd say 4-6 months typically minimum and probably requiring the game's own salling power running out, so it becomes financially smart to add it in a service like this that generates them money for games that otherwise wouldnt.Right now there is no special catch. Full game, full achievements, no LIVE Gold required (except for MP as always), games will be yours to play as long as you have EA Access sub running, all for the silly low annual price (monthly price isnt really worth it).

Thanks for clearing that up. I thought they were doing that for all their games and new games at launch, my bad.

What what are GWG games? Lol.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lolz1234