XBOX wireless controller on Windows 10 - Using 3.5 mm jack for audio

KewDok

Aug 13, 2019
Visit site
Hi!
I am connecting my headset to the 3.5 mm jack on the XBOX controller using the wireless adapter in my Surface Book 2. I am able to get audio to one headset just fine, but I am not able to get audio to more than one of the controllers at a time. I notice that the headsets show up as two separate audio out options in Windows. Is there a trick to allow audio to go to both headsets at the same time (workaround etc.)?

Or do I have to get a stereo or chat headset adapter to use more than one headset for audio at a time?

PS, I want to be able to play games with my nephew while my son is sleeping in the next room. Hence the untraditional request.

TechFreak1

May 15, 2013
Visit site
@KewDok when you say headset do you mean headphones?

If so have you tried a simple long Y splitter cable and plugging that directly into the headphone port of the surface book 2?

As that's easier than disabling audio devices everytime you guys want to play games :winktongue:.

KewDok

Aug 13, 2019
Visit site
I am trying to use the 3.5 mm jack on the Xbox controllers. I know there are other ways of doing it, but I thought it would be a breeze to do. :)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tallgeeselll05