Xiaomi Smart Scale & Band/Microsoft Health

WorCo

Apr 1, 2015
Visit site
Hello Everyone,

Xiaomi just launched a really cheap smart device to measure your weight and I wonder if there will be any possibility to get that data into microsoft health or the band?
I dont have microsoft health yet and am awaiting my band(will be shipped to germany mit of april from the UK), so I am not exactly sure which data I can track in there.
Can i integrate the weight there as well?
Does anyone ahve some more knowledge about it?
Regards and sorry for the stupid questions, but I didnt find a similar Thread yet.
Martin

Adhesive Ray

May 20, 2013
Visit site
there are no stupid questions, only stupid companies not making stuff that works with my phone! :)

in other words, im wondering the same thing as you, and extend it to any scale that will work on my icon/surface/microsoft health/and so on.

DroidUser42

Nov 7, 2014
Visit site
i did find a link to compatible devices, account.healthvault.c0m/us/en-US/Directory?target=Devices
HealthVAULT, yes.

MS Health, at this time I don't know of anything but the Band that interfaces to that. But I'd sure like to see more. The first weight scale that does, I'll probably be in line for it. There's any number of scales out there that do weight and body fat with bluetooth - but they just don't interface to MS Health.

gadgetrants

Nov 12, 2014
Visit site
Welcome WorCo! Hope your new Band meets and exceeds all your expectations. :smile:

It's actually a good question...I took a look, and strangely, it seems there isn't a place to track weight data in MS Health even if you wanted to. :cry: On the other hand, as @DroidUser42 noted there is weight-tracking in HealthVault. Another odd quirk: when viewing weight data, there is the option to import values from things like a CSV file. However, as I checked across the other dimensions (e.g., exercise, blood pressure, food and drink, etc.) the import option was sometimes available, sometimes not. I wonder why it's not consistent?

In any case: if the Xiaomi device had a reasonably easy export function, it would probably be fairly straightforward to move those data into HealthVault say once a month. Of course, linking everything by Bluetooth and having it happen automagically is much better.

​-Matt

WorCo

Apr 1, 2015
Visit site
Hello All,
thank you for your answers, its interesting to see that there is a possibility to import those kinda of data, unfortunately there is not much information available about the XIAOMI smart scale yet. So i think i will wait till i can get more info and then will give it a try(or not).
its too bad to see that there is not "one app" that covers all that function and data, i personally dont like to be forced to switch between several things that shoulld be one, in my opinion.
However, I am still really excited to get my hands on a band, it should arrive end of this week:)))).
My sister is using a jawbone Up and what is really awesome about it is definitely the app, that gives you hints like "you ate this and that andthen you usually cant sleep very well" or something like this. I think Health is not yet able to do that, right?
Maybe microsoft should buy Jawbones Enginge to make the Band(/Band2) really fly.

gadgetrants

Nov 12, 2014
Visit site
Microsoft pushed pretty hard at the start that they were shooting for a comprehensive health-centered system. I think, come February '15, a lot of the momentum had vanished, and many of us early-adopters were scratching our heads (to put it politely). Then along came a major March update, including the new web Dashboard, and our faith was somewhat restored.

My own personal view (take it for what it's worth) is that there will be a 2nd gen Band, but we will never see the full, comprehensive integration we imagine is possible. I'm not sure why since launch (last November) the Band ecosystem hasn't grown and improved on a linear path -- part of the problem seems to be that the project is being shifted from one division to another, e.g., the increased role of Microsoft Research. I love the Band and it delivers exactly what I want, but I wouldn't recommend it to someone who needed/expected a mature hardware/software solution.

​-Matt

WorCo

Apr 1, 2015
Visit site
Hi Matt,
thank you for your view. As far as i can judge(withouthaving used one, but reading a lot about every type of tracker), i think the band comes closest to what i wish, so thats good enough for now. However, it would be a sin to waste all that potential. Even I am (as a german, we have to :p ) concerned about data security, the imagination of a "one-stop-shop" for all personal information or hints seems really appealing to me. I will give some feedback if it meets my expectation as soon as i could use it for a while. it got shipped alread, so i am awaiting it later this week, finally:)!

DroidUser42

Nov 7, 2014
Visit site
From the start, it seems like Microsoft's real game was the backend. I've always assumed that it was MS Health and not just HealthVault (which does enjoy a number of devices) that they had their eye on. I am surprised that in 5 months MS hasn't signed up/integrated any new vendors for their Health app and the only supported device is the Band.

But perhaps it's because talks didn't start until the Band was well underway and they're working on deals as we speak. Or perhaps the other vendors just don't have the vision yet and think they can build the killer app to rule the roost instead of partnering with MS.

WorCo

Apr 1, 2015
Visit site
Seems like no news in here...
My Band works totally fine for me(except the WIndowsphone 10 issue, but i am syncing it manually now), but i dont have any idea how to connect my Smart Scale...hope time will give a solution here.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss