You don?t have any devices that are backing up settings to SkyDrive.- Lumia 820

hsotnas

Aug 16, 2013
Visit site
Hello,

I have a Nokia Lumia 820 and I need to reset my phone since the Nokia Drive+application is not responding properly. I have downloaded a offline map of around 700MB and I would not want to download it again after a reset. I have many installed apps, which I do not want to reinstall after a phone reset.

I have backup enabled for App list + settings. When I click on manual backup, it says backup is complete. But when I go to my skydrive, managed devices, I see the message "You don?t have any devices that are backing up settings to SkyDrive"

If skydrive doesn't have my backed up apps, where are they located ?

If I reset my phone, is there any chance that, my apps would going to be restored ?

If the skydrive message is correct, then how do I make sure that, apps are backed up on skydrive ?

Is this an unfixed bug of not backing the the apps on skydrive even if the backup is enabled on phone ?

Are there any third party tools using which I can backup my apps installed on the phone ?

I have posted this on MS community and Nokia forums but no answer yet.

any help would be appreciated.

WorzelGummage

Dec 30, 2012
Visit site
As far as I know the phone only backs-up pictures, videos and documents to Skydrive. All other settings and information is backed-up to your Microsoft account (Hotmail, Live or Outlook.com). Unfortunately, you will need to re-download maps because these are not part of any back-up.
When I received my replacement 920 I entered my MS account details and all of my apps started the automatic process of re-downloading themselves onto my phone and everything else that was set to back-up was also restored to my phone. The only thing that I had to manually reconfigure was my Start Screen which doesn't get backed-up.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nathanboro12