Your turn - 8 things that Microsoft needs to fix in Windows Phone 8 right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

saulgould13

Feb 5, 2013
Visit site
Custom volume controls, as well as custom text tones.
A better calendar.
Video texts.
Cut n paste needs addressing, (select all)
Apps.. Productive ones..brew my coffee😉
Tighter voice assistant.

Coolknight1968

Nov 6, 2012
Visit site
I want the following NOW:
A) Boot log center, that lists boot times, shutdown times, freezes and reboots. This to help the consumer get a new device if there is an evident hardware problem.
B) RAM check on boot. Like on a PC an option to check RAM for faults before boot with logging.
C) That I can save downloaded files as .docx, .xlsx, .pdf, .zip, .rar in folders from where I can email them as attachement to someone else in a new email. It is a must have!
D) A online virus checking module that allows me to scan my files for malware, viruses etc. File by file or a specific folder or all folders.
E) A notification center to the left that simply displays the list of the popup notifications that disappear. This to the left of the live tiles.
F) A carrier log, if I roam, I want a logfile that shows when the phone switches networks.
G) Friendly network list. A list to which I can add other networks that I can use like my carrier network without getting into roaming. The phone than handles my network and the friendly network as if it was one and the same network, selecting the best connection that matches my connection wish. GSM, Edge, 3G, LTE.
H) Integrated 'Stop the music'
I) Self data destruct timer. I setup a password and a time schedule. So each x days, or in x days, the phone will require that special password. If, the device is booted up beyond that time, it will WIPE all email files, stored passwords, certificates, private files, maps, contacts, skydrive pswd etc. But leave the apps.
J) Password option, instead of a numeric code to unlock.
K) Keyboard learning tool. Something to fine tune the touch areas for typing. We touch with the edge of our finger, not the center.
L) Auto rotate block tile! Like Widget!
M) Brightness slider and Auto range from min to max slider setting.
N) White and color calibration tool.
O) Integrated Blowfish 256 (not AES) private files data encryption. For my data folders. Ask Jetico like also for the Wipe.

Now these features would help get WP8 go forward.

nessinhaw

Mar 16, 2013
Visit site
from what i read it seems some pplz want to "Androidify" WP .-. in the notification matter...really, a swipe screen to the side is better than swiping up to unlock and checking your live tiles for new stuff?
i think it is unnecessary!

one if the things that makes me love WP is the clean, minimalist UI...a cluttered screen full of notifications certaily kinda breaks this concept...
at least if they ever implement something like this, there should be an "on/off" option for those who doesent care about a notification center and are just fine with the live tiles/lockscreen notification features!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99