Is the Fuze compatible with the HC cards?

I'm going to suspect no. I ran across a good deal on a 4gb micro-SDHC card this morning and when I went to copy my files to the card, everything was transferred to the device.
    11-28-2008 10:10 PM
    That doesn't sound right for a new device. They're all supposed to take the new cards. Plus it doesn't match the specs. "Expandable Memory Storage 32 GB"

Did you verify the path was to the card? I drag and drop directly, sometimes sync messes transfers up. Also, perhaps you could use the adapter to insert into your computer card reader and transfer that way.
    11-28-2008 11:48 PM
    my kingston 8gb micro sdhc works fine (great deal on newegg!). i was able to copy music and install programs on it.
    11-29-2008 02:23 AM
    While I was doing my research on this phone, I kept reading that it would handle SDHC cards up to 8GB. The HTC website says "SDHC Capable" with no mention of a maximum capacity, though.

I have a Sprint Touch Pro with an 8GB card in it and it works fine. I sync my device with Windows Mobile Device Center running under Vista Ultimate x64. The storage card shows up as a subdirectory under the root directory of the device in the File Explorer module of WMDC. The File Explorer program on the device does the same thing, but it also has a drop-down menu at the top of the screen with Device and Storage Card as options.

Individual programs on the device typically have a setting which specify where they store data. The camera/video program definitely does, but that's the only program I've configured on my Touch Pro so far. I had WM 6.1 on my Mogul, though, and I could tell most programs where to store and look for data.

Pete
    11-29-2008 04:59 AM
    I'm going to reformat and give it another try.
    11-29-2008 09:20 AM
    Works like a charm. The card came with a bunch of preloaded garbage and it was a lot easier copying things on the computer than trying to do so on the Fuze.

Now all I have to do is find where all those frappin' files went to that are filling up my memory.
    11-29-2008 01:05 PM
    I have a SanDisk 16GB micro SDHC card in the Fuze... and it works flawlessly. I suspect it will even handle the 32GB micro SDHC's in the future, as that was listed in the spec originally for the phone.
    11-30-2008 06:08 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD