Images of Matte Grey/Gray 920

andrelamont

Jul 27, 2012
Visit site
After being excited about owning a CYAN 900, My guess (if I ended up choosing the 920)is that I would go with the black b/c of the matte finished and...( pink elephant in the room )

with a colored phone you sortof are restricted with the color tiles you can use. Unfortunately, not all colors are compatible with CYAN. I guess the same problem will exist with the color options NOKIA/HTC are showing with their 2013 models.

So here they are...bit boring but at least the color tiles wont clash with the phone color, as a matter of fact a neutral color will draw attention to the color tiles.
dsc00022.jpg

dsc00024.jpg

dsc00019.jpg

IMG_1246.jpg

Last edited:

Heron_Kusanagi

Feb 27, 2012
Visit site
I expected grey to be boring, to be honest. But it looks fine for such a colour.

I got to say though, that I am waiting for Nokia to get Cyan versions out soon.

andrelamont

Jul 27, 2012
Visit site
This is the color I'm getting putting my tiles As orange!

I've been waiting for a deeper color orange than the mango color in 7.5. 40+ colors or bust for 8.0!

This is a sophisticated color combo with a little bit of an edge. Combining a cool gray (like Dior Gray) with warm orange accents can make a space really come to life. The combination is so strong that it can stand on its own, but it also works with a dark grounding element like a deep blue-gray

BotanicalStig

Sep 7, 2012
Visit site
Thank you! I've tried so hard to find pictures of this color. I want the matte, soft touch finish as well. If I go with 920 this would probably be my color.

tk-093

Aug 30, 2010
Visit site
Yeah, I think I'm leaning towards grey. If I get a fancy color and I use live tiles that don't match my wife will make fun of me. :)

Scout_313

May 26, 2011
Visit site
I've always preferred a matte finish on my phones (even put a matte skin on the back of my iPhone 4 to get rid of the sheen), so black and gray have been the front running colors ever since the 920 was unveiled. I must say that I do like how the gray looks.

jhoff80

Apr 27, 2003
Visit site
What is the hand covering? Would have preferred 10% more black but still looks pretty good.

Probably some sort of device serial. Prototype / beta hardware generally has these.

Personally, it's a decision between gray and black for me, but it depends on seeing them in person.

Also, black devices help to increase the perceived contrast of the screen, so there's that. I know there's a black bezel on the front of the device around the screen, but still.

razorguy

Aug 21, 2012
Visit site
I'm debating between gray and red at the moment. Gray would go with several tile colors while the choices are a little limited with red but the red phone would really stand out and grab peoples attention. Launch day can't come soon enough...

doublebullout

Jan 18, 2011
Visit site
Gray was my favorite 2 weeks ago. Then it was red. This week it's yellow. Can't wait to see these in person so I can get really confused!

Sent from my The New iPad using Tapatalk

theefman

Nov 14, 2008
Visit site
Probably some sort of device serial. Prototype / beta hardware generally has these.

Personally, it's a decision between gray and black for me, but it depends on seeing them in person.

Also, black devices help to increase the perceived contrast of the screen, so there's that. I know there's a black bezel on the front of the device around the screen, but still.

I was going to go for the grey but your comment reminded me that a black shell would blend right into the screen and look seamless. They grey, while it looks good and is different from the norm doesnt blend as well, for me. So I guess its boring black for me!

GoodThings2Life

Dec 1, 2011
Visit site
I'm going for red and putting gray tiles on it... that way it can be my Ohio State University phone, and tick off all my Michigan-loving friends, lol. Or I may go blue tiles and make it my Cleveland Indians phone.

Either way, I don't think it's such a bad thing having colors and mixing tile colors. :)

Old_Cus

Jan 23, 2012
Visit site
I'm going for red and putting gray tiles on it... that way it can be my Ohio State University phone, and tick off all my Michigan-loving friends, lol. Or I may go blue tiles and make it my Cleveland Indians phone.

Either way, I don't think it's such a bad thing having colors and mixing tile colors. :)

Hmmmmm.......no blue or maze colored 920. :mad:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb