Bluetooth car functionality fixed with Cyan now broken with Update 1

tyrok

Jun 9, 2011
Visit site
I actually bought my current radio (Kenwood DNX6190HD) because it worked perfectly with my HTC Trophy in the store. As soon as the bluetooth connection was made whatever song or podcast that was paused starts playing. All the song data was shown and I could pause and skip songs. When I upgraded to the Lumia 822 all this functionality was lost. It would connect and everything had to be done on the phone (play/pause/skip songs). After upgrading my Lumia 1520 to Cyan all the functionality that I never had with Lumias now worked like the Trophy but has since stopped working after Update 1. Has anyone else had this problem? I don't know if I want to roll back just to get this to work if there is a fix. Having to do everything on the phone while driving is almost as bad as texting.

stephen_az

Banned
Aug 2, 2012
Visit site
I don't have Cyan yet on my Lumia 928. With that said, 8.1 had finally fixed almost all of the hands free Bluetooth nuisances when connected to my 2014 Toyota Corolla. Unfortunately, GDR1 fixed the one thing that still didn't work (having the system immediately pick up music when switched on instead of needing me to start Xbox Music first) and re-broke almost everything else. Odd silent pauses in music (or calls); hit or miss advancement to the next song when pressing the control on the steering wheel; randomly disappearing title and artist information after it has been on for awhile; broken voice messaging control (can't tap the button on the steering wheel anymore and say text XXXXXXXXX since it just tells me messaging is not available) - those are the highlight problems. As an experiment I rolled back to 8.0 and used my other phone while it then re-updated to 8.1 and as soon as it got back to GDR1 everything was broken again. Proof enough that it is still preview software....

WhiteNiteLite

Dec 5, 2011
Visit site
For me the Bluetooth connection in my car has worked mostly fine with all the prior versions. But now with Update 1, the biggest issue is that the now playing information doesn't update on my car's screen. When I start playing something, it'll show the correct song, album, and artist info for that first song. But after it advances to the next track, it doesn't update anything. My car always displays the first song info only, even if I manually skip forward or backward. It's annoying when I'm trying to get to a specific track in an album or playlist.

CPRCH

Mar 29, 2012
Visit site
My Lumia 1020 and 920 are both experiencing bluetooth issues since upgrading to update 1. Bluetooth will connect but when you dial a number you hear no ringing until the conversation began or voice mail picked up. This happens in both an Acura and Honda. I had no issues until update 1 and still waiting for Cyan.

rmdial

Aug 12, 2014
Visit site
I stumbled upon this thread and it is remarkable what I am reading. I just got the Icon and am having difficulty connecting my Bluetooth to my Alpine head unit and it will not even recognize the BT unit in my wife's 2013 Escalade. Take it to the Verizon store and it connects immediately to the music player they have in store. I am writing this as I am on hold and the tech came back and tells me Icon and my Alpine are not compatible. He cannot explain why the less than one year old car won't work either. I LIKE THIS PHONE! Also having trouble with WiFi staying connected. This phone is of no use to me if two basic features do not operate.

I have spent hours on phone with Verizon, Alpine, Nokia without any success. I will now have to wait two years to try Windows Phone again.

Verizon has offered to switch out phone without restocking charge. So I guess I am back on the Samsung/Android team.

jfa1

Dec 15, 2007
Visit site
I have a Jabra drive that I have been using since I got a 920. It was supposed to turn itself back on when I re-entered the car It worked just fine until I updated to WP 8.1 DP. Since then I have to turn it off and turn it back on to reconnect. Its not a big deal. The 1520 works just fine paired in my wifes vehicle which has Sync ( 2014 Ford Escape Titanium Edition.

IamDefiler

Aug 18, 2011
Visit site
I have a JVC KW-R900BT. It's always worked with any WP I've thrown at it. It seems the only thing Update 1 broke on my 925 was having it read texts when I receive them. I miss texts all the time now when I am driving. Still works properly with my LG H750 Tone Pros though.

jjmil03

Sep 25, 2014
Visit site
I have the Nokia 1520 with GDR1, and I can't even connect the phone to the car. Hopefully when it's released, they have that fixed...really painful for me right now.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes