Apps not working after Update 1

incredibala

Aug 21, 2013
Visit site
After I updated my Lumia 720 with WP 8.1 Update 1, certain apps aren't working. This includes Whatsapp, Twitter and a couple of Indian news apps like NDTV, Tamil News. Apparently, my phone hasn't received the Cyan update yet.

Is it just me or are there problems with these apps after update 1 for others? Any feedback will be appreciated. Thanks.

antxxxx

Aug 1, 2014
Visit site
The camera part of the bing translator does not appear to work for me (on a lumia 1020 with DP and update 1 - no cyan update installed). It does not appear in the lenses of the camera app anymore either

incredibala

Aug 21, 2013
Visit site
Whatsapp notifications appear but when I open the app, it just hangs there and doesn't display the buddy list.

Twitter does not open at all.

NDTV and Tamil News opens and displays the headlines but if one clicks on a headline, the page won't open.

dinchy87

Dec 13, 2011
Visit site
Prognoza Works on WP8.1 update 1 without problems. The update fails because of an Microsoft store error. I sent already a message out to all users. you should see the message when entering the app.

anon(2523636)

Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
Unfortunately I had deleted the app to try re-installing as it had stopped loading the weather (only a black screen), and cannot re-load it...so couldn't see a message.
I'm missing it greatly...

dinchy87

Dec 13, 2011
Visit site
Unfortunately I had deleted the app to try re-installing as it had stopped loading the weather (only a black screen), and cannot re-load it...so couldn't see a message.
I'm missing it greatly...
This was due to a server outage yesterday, our source has expanded and repaired their server but this should not take more then 2h. If this error still persists, have you tried to press the refresh button or the locate button ? Or even a reinstall?

anon(2523636)

Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
As I said, I tried a re-install, but am unable to re-download it - error 80004005 from store. Haver tried restarting and a soft reset, but no change.

Sudhir Padhye

Aug 12, 2014
Visit site
This feedback is about lumia 920 in India.
Bing translator camera is one of the best app on window phone. It's ability to work offline is unmatched. I used to appreciate having window phone with me proudly and was advertising friends advantages over androids/iPhone, until 8.1 update.
Also, there is no lumia cyan update for dev preview.
I have lost faith in window phone .
Microsoft and nokia are demonstrating confused state while delivering updates from lumia black onwards.
Hope they will understand customers dissatisfaction and try to improve their confidence.
Apple and android deserve their market share.
With this attitude, Window phone will not be able to capture market share in India.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
goergtalk