Transparent Tiles, Transparent File Explorer and more!!

Cage Ata

Mar 1, 2014
Visit site
Hey everyone! Just thought I would show you some screenshots of a transparency effect anyone can achieve using an application called Glass2k. This program allows any application including Universal Windows Apps, as well as the Action Center, Smart menu including tiles and file explorer.

Obviously some of you guys are not interested in any transparency effects but this possibilitys to be creative are endless. In the screenshots some of the images use a blurred background, and the others aren't so your able to gauge different effects. If you want to know how to do this sound off below! :)

Start Menu - Taskbar and Action Center (Blur)
Capture.JPG

Start Menu - Taskbar and Action Center (WITHOUT Blur)
xx.JPG

Groove Music (Blur)
Capturej.JPG

Groove Music (WITHOUT Blur)
Capturejj.JPG

File Explorer (With QTTABBAR)
Capturescc.JPG

Settings
hhvy.JPG

Glass2k also allows you to change how high the transparency it set too, with each app or menu set to different transparency level if be.

TUTROIAL:

1. Download the application (GLASS2K) - http://chime.tv/products/glass2k.shtml

2. Run the application.

3. The icon should show in the taskbar icons. Open it. Click settings.

4. Enable Auto-Load Glass2k everytime windows starts.

5. Enable Auto-Remember every window Transparency settings.

6. Disable Transparency Popup: Right Click

7. For the keyboard shortcut I use +Alt + Clrl.

8. To change an applications transparency hold alt + ctrl and use the numpad to change the value of transparency.

9. You will have to run Glass2k every time windows starts unfortunately.

10. To add transparency to the Start menu tiles: Open the start menu and click the grouped tiles headerbox. Now click and hold ALT+CTRL and while holding use the numeral pad to change the transparency levels. :)

YOU CAN EVEN ADD TRANSPARENCY TO CORTANA!

Last edited:

Saijin_Naib

Jun 30, 2015
Visit site
Does it hook into memory like Glass8 does? Not sure the proper symbols exist yet, and I'm not willing to test out again.

This would be fantastic.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
johnwilliam9750