Cortana isn't available to help in my region?

melvintwj

Sep 6, 2012
Visit site
Hi guys.

I installed Windows 10 Tech Preview on my secondary machine. It is a clean install. I downloaded the x64 English (US) ISO and chose US as the region for everything in the settings. Despite that, Cortana says that "I'm not available to help in your region".

Help?

akash91

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Hello,

I also had this problem. I installed the preview in US English, however, the installed keyboard language was UK English. Please go to settings> Time & language> Region & language and check if yours is the same case as mine. If so, just click on Add languable and install the US English keyboard and then set it as primary. You'll get Cortana. It's also advisable to restart the system after this is done as this will clear any intermittent issues you might be having.

Hope this helps!

leigcker

May 1, 2014
Visit site
Can confirm that I also had this problem after installing the new build last night and that akash91's suggested change did fix the problem as it was the first thing i tried before looking here

melvintwj

Sep 6, 2012
Visit site
Hello,

I also had this problem. I installed the preview in US English, however, the installed keyboard language was UK English. Please go to settings> Time & language> Region & language and check if yours is the same case as mine. If so, just click on Add languable and install the US English keyboard and then set it as primary. You'll get Cortana. It's also advisable to restart the system after this is done as this will clear any intermittent issues you might be having.

Hope this helps!

Fixed. Thanks!

Alan Fearn

May 29, 2015
Visit site
try this it worked for me, I did have to download the language pack firstly though
To use Cortana, all these settings must be set to the same language:

Languages (this is your device language)

Speech language (language pack must be installed)

Country or region

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes