Windows 10 preview on Lenovo Miix 2 8, problems...

Mr. Brown

Oct 22, 2012
Visit site
I'm having problems getting IE to open up when in tablet mode. It wont open at all. I can browse to iexplorer.exe and open the desktop version though. IE opens just fine when not in tablet mode. Also, when I restart, it doesn't default to tablet mode. Any ideas on what I should check?

Thanks!

Mr. Brown

Oct 22, 2012
Visit site
It works pretty good. I am frustrated that it didn't keep my start screen layout when I upgraded. I've basically had to re-pin everything. Chrome is really slow, but I didn't have chrome on there before so I don't have a comparison.

One thing that is frustrating is that when in tablet mode, I cannot open IE, unless I navigate to C:\Program Files\Internet Explorere\iexplorer.exe, which is a pain and then I'm limited to the desktop browser which isn't as easy to use without a mouse and keyboard.

Giffdev

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
There's a known issue in the January Tech Preview where IE isn't launching correctly from the start menu/Cortana. As a workaround, you can pin IE to the taskbar or create a desktop shortcut, and then it should launch properly. This effects desktop mode and tablet mode.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes