No sound when booting with connected phone

Vasrias

Feb 5, 2015
Visit site
Hi,
I just had a sound problem and was wondering why, so I tried some things until I found the problem. If I boot W10 with my Lumia 925 connected to it by usb, no sound was playing, even though the Volume Mixer showed the green bar going up and down. I used the Feedback app to submit the problem, but I am wondering, if this is a general problem or maybe something about my settings.

Harrie-S

Retired Ambassador
Sep 26, 2014
Visit site
This is why windows 10 preview is on PC's. To discover this kind of bugs. And you did a great job by your experimenting and feed this back to Microsoft.
So job well done.

Alain_A

Dec 2, 2012
Visit site
Hi,
I just had a sound problem and was wondering why, so I tried some things until I found the problem. If I boot W10 with my Lumia 925 connected to it by usb, no sound was playing, even though the Volume Mixer showed the green bar going up and down. I used the Feedback app to submit the problem, but I am wondering, if this is a general problem or maybe something about my settings.

what type of sound are you talking about..when I connected my lumia 625 i could hear sounds coming from the phone. And the connecting sound when plug in

Vasrias

Feb 5, 2015
Visit site
All sounds on the computer, it's like unplugging the Headphone. You hear nothing, but Windows shows that sound is playing (the green bar in the volume mixer).

Vasrias

Feb 5, 2015
Visit site
Okay, today it wasn't enough to just restart with my phone unplugged. I tried reinstalling the driver, but this didn't do anything. Only after shutting down the computer and unplugging the power cable of the PC for a few seconds before starting again, the sound worked as expected again.

Btw, I just realised, that the numlock is saved, even after a restart, but was off after the unplugging. I always thought that a restart is the same as shutting down?

johnwinkmsft

Dec 10, 2014
Visit site
Hi,

Very interesting, thanks! I will give this a try today.

johnwinkmsft

Dec 10, 2014
Visit site
I wasn't able to reproduce this issue with my Lumia 920. I have a couple of extra questions...

- Is it just music that doesn't play, or is there no sound at all?
- Does it depend on the USB port you're using, or does this happen when the phone is plugged into any port?

Thanks!

Vasrias

Feb 5, 2015
Visit site
No sound at all, I tried music on my computer, Windows sounds (like alarms) and Youtube Videos in Chrome and IE.

Hmm, i never tried another Port, but I will, just give me some minutes.

Vasrias

Feb 5, 2015
Visit site
Okay, I tried now 4 different USB Ports on my MB. The first other one I tried worked for 3 times in a row, then I tested 2 others, which didin't work (I restartet 2 times for every port to be sure). Then I tried the original (not working one) - no sound. Last I tried the one that worked and it didn't work (I tried again 3 times), then I unplugged my phone and restarted and sound there was.

I am confused now and want a fast-booting UEFI Board and a working pin-login in W10^^

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon