W10M Insider Bugs & Defects Thread (pre 10586.164)

Status
Not open for further replies.

James Albridge

Sep 30, 2014
Visit site
Re: BUILD 10149 : BUGS Thread

The tile for the phone that says "phone" is from the old app. Un-pin it and pin the new phone from the all apps list and the new tile will say "Home". All the old functions will be there.

James Albridge

Sep 30, 2014
Visit site

When I open 'Phone' all I have is a dialler pad, no history, speed dial, or way to get to my contacts. Anybody else experienced this?

The tile for the phone that says "phone" is from the old app. Un-pin it and pin the new phone from the all apps list and the new tile will say "Home". All the old functions will be there.

agaskew

May 9, 2014
Visit site
Re: Main bugs and bug fixes in 10149

I can change my wallpaper to a custom image (on Lumia 1520) but it is very low resolution and very blurry. The original image is a high res (something over 1080p) but when I set it as a background it is awfully ugly and just a very low res version... :( Does anyone have a solution for this?

Same here, not sure why...

agaskew

May 9, 2014
Visit site

On my 640 I have no 'Glance' any more.

Also cannot for the life of me find out where to set an unlock PIN code :(

kdsmith10000

Jun 10, 2015
Visit site

Has anyone found a work around for the Google account bugs? I don't care about my email per say but my calendar and contacts are tied to my Google account

Al4video

Jun 8, 2014
Visit site
Re: Main bugs and bug fixes in 10149

My experience withe the 10149 build

I am on a 1520.3 .
I installed from 8.1 to this new 10149 last night.
Initial response:
1.Screen looks more vibrant with more legible hi rez fonts.
2. Appears faster and more fluid. Not much though.
3. Nice new features and interface tweaks
4. Love the new keyboard.
5. Cortana is working great. Works better with my bluetooth.
6. My bluetooth overall is working better and sounds clearer.
7. Photo app tweaks are real cool for content management.
8.Love the new notifications , flashlight etc. Like swiping away one notice at a time instead of all.
9. Texting app looks and works great
10. Love the look of the phone dial screen and call received screen.
11. The People hub is awesome in it's display of a multitude of info about people in your hub. Great display!

What the upgrade experience was like? ISSUES?
1. It took a couple of hours with several downloads and re-boots
2. Youtube video apps would not play video at all.
3. My youmail app would not open and would not take messages. App disappears when I open it.
4. I was unable to share a photo from the photo app.
5. Dragging apps to folders was iffy
6. App downloads were not working well for some apps.. You have two choices Store and Store Beta. Some apps have to be downloaded or upgraded from the old Store.
7. Screen would momentarily lockup at times
8. Battery went from 100% to zero overnight. (Attempting to repeatedly download apps was the issue)

What have I done to resolve the above issues?
****NOTHING*****

It's been 12 hours since the install. After several re-boots for various reasons each and everyone of the issues listed above has resolved themselves.
This is one awesome update. Can't wait for the finished product.

Maaz Mansori

Apr 25, 2013
Visit site

The feedback app is there for me. Not sure why others don't have it. The Insider hub was intentionally temporarily removed. I had gone back to 8.1 last week but upgraded it to 10149 now. I have not yet done a hard reset. Most of the items are working okay; I had to repin a couple of live tiles.

Amazing Weather HD does not update its live tile every hour like its supposed to but does update periodically (every 3-4 hours) and it updates the lock screen every hour like its supposed to. However, in the previous build I couldn't get any live tiles (Windows Central included) to update at all so this is huge improvement.

I've also encountered the blinking icons problem in action center. It seems to happen most when I clear all but I can't seem to duplicate the problem again now.

Searching for some items in the Store beta results in the Store beta app force closing; an example is doing a search for 'Funny Jokes'

It does not appear to be possible to put the Outlook Mail notification on the lock screen as there is no selection for Outlook Mail. All the other apps seem to be there.

If you need to uninstall and reinstall an app because it is not working properly and use the Store beta, it may fail though usually it will work if you restart the phone and try again.

Edge does not render m.facebook.com properly. This is needed if you need to authenticate an app login using Facebook such as QuizUp and others. (You can use the Facebook app for normal use). The workaround I figured out is to copy the link the app generates in Microsoft Edge and then paste it into Opera Mini and log in from there.

I also had to repin the Dialer; no big deal there. Oddly enough the dialer live tile said "Home Service" instead of "AT&T" for nearly 24 hours including a few times I restarted the phone; now it mysteriously corrected itself to AT&T.

For anyone having trouble adding an Exchange account in Outlook, I found that you sometimes need to manually enter the server settings; if using Office 365 for business, then the server should be outlook.office365.com.

ROBBIE HALL

Mar 3, 2015
Visit site
Everything well so far...one bug is while long pressing any app/option it comes up completely black and I can't see any option visibly...just the black"options" ie pin to start etc. Not visible...solutions? Note this is my only bug so far. (and MS weather not opening, but I don't use it) upgraded everything restored..... no hard reset

armfighter

Jun 26, 2015
Visit site

Dear community, I sincerely hope you can help me resolve the issue I meet since the very first build 10050 have been installed on my lumia 625. I can't use the cellular data. I have tried everything including hard reset, performing a clean install and changing Internet access point. On build 10149 the cellular+sim menu is just empty. Please guys, help me to find the way out, this build is so smooth and awesome, I don't want to go back to 8,1 anymore!

agaskew

May 9, 2014
Visit site

Has anyone found a work around for the Google account bugs? I don't care about my email per say but my calendar and contacts are tied to my Google account

Which bugs exactly? I had a problem where I couldn't click the button to authorise the phone to use gmail but figured it out - the click wasnt registering unless the 'page' was zoomed right out and in its original position, if that makes sense.

Ivan Vasquez

Jun 1, 2013
Visit site

Dear community, I sincerely hope you can help me resolve the issue I meet since the very first build 10050 have been installed on my lumia 625. I can't use the cellular data. I have tried everything including hard reset, performing a clean install and changing Internet access point. On build 10149 the cellular+sim menu is just empty. Please guys, help me to find the way out, this build is so smooth and awesome, I don't want to go back to 8,1 anymore!

Are you running your phone on AT&T?

What apn settings did you use?

DCTF

May 16, 2013
Visit site

Anyone else having trouble copying files to their phones? I have a 930, and I can't put my music and video files back on the phone. I get an error: "The device has either stopped responding or has been disconnected".

Charles Barnhart

Nov 30, 2012
Visit site

Just about all my issues (including several resets) have been resolved. But I have one serious NEW one: Cannot connect to internet via cell network...must be on WiFi. Any suggestions; anyone else?

Ivan Vasquez

Jun 1, 2013
Visit site

Anyone else having trouble copying files to their phones? I have a 930, and I can't put my music and video files back on the phone. I get an error: "The device has either stopped responding or has been disconnected".

Nope, have you tried a different USB cable? I copied files from my surface pro 3 in order to copy old pictures since the icon doesn't support SD. It was about 2 GB worth of pictures.

CB Stuart

Apr 19, 2014
Visit site

I updated my 635 last night to this build and it removed every app except Cortana and the old store. Pls help.

DCTF

May 16, 2013
Visit site

Nope, have you tried a different USB cable? I copied files from my surface pro 3 in order to copy old pictures since the icon doesn't support SD. It was about 2 GB worth of pictures.

I don't think there's a need to change it. It's the same cable that I've been using for months, always connected to a port on the monitor. I use it every day to transfer photos of products from my shop to the machine, so it would be a bit of a coincidence if the cable died on the same day a WM build came out.

The PC sees the phone fine, and I can browse the folders on the phone via the PC's Explorer. I'm making sure the thing is fully awake, and I have tried disconnecting and reconnecting the phone, restarting the phone, restarting the PC. .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes