W10M Insider Bugs & Defects Thread (pre 10586.164)

Status
Not open for further replies.

srinath prathi

Jan 26, 2014
Visit site
Re: BUILD 10166 : BUGS Thread

My cortana is not working even though the region is india and language is english UK and I set english US also as my language still no go.... apps are not installing in sd card properly. Are you having the same problem.

720 here

vivekgiri_7

Jun 11, 2015
Visit site

My cortana is not working even though the region is india and language is english UK and I set english US also as my language still no go.... apps are not installing in sd card properly. Are you having the same problem.

720 here

Cortana Its not launching or there is no voice of her?

Aaron Yawn

May 2, 2013
Visit site

I have had an issue since this upgrade. Lumia 920 sits on resuming loop for start screen. Tried soft and hard resets. Anyone else experiencing this?

Dirk Bromberg

Jul 13, 2015
Visit site

Had that too. You need to reinstall Win 8.1 clean and than direct upgrade to 10. No setup of own accounts apps and so on. Than it works well.

Dee Norbert

Apr 10, 2015
Visit site

They need to improve the performance of the OS still a lot of apps crash+action center(Wi-Fi,Location that is what i mean those buttons) is hard to scroll down,In-app purchases.And more more thing that boders me is why do I have a phone app and a People app.Why don't they make a dialer where can I acces the contacts too like I have on Android?+they need to shape a little bit the design of the OS the colors are solid ones.

Yasen Filipov

May 29, 2013
Visit site

"I've problem with 10166 mobile. I'm usng 1520 upgraded from 8.1.
After end of call and return to lock screen I can't do anything. Touch screen doesn't work . �� I must reboot phone. Any solution?"

I had this issue.
1. Lock and unlock phone when screen is still.
2. Long press the camera or Search button (if you have one explicitly) This solves the issue sometimes.

If both doesnt work, soft reset. Havent tried a hard-reset for this issue.

Unfortunately those two options don't work for my 1520, even after a hard reset. It usually happens when I receive a call - when I make one, most of the times it's fine, but when I receive a call - BOOM, no touch at all. Double tap to wake works, but nothing else. The only way is soft reset, which is too much for a daily driver, and I like the new build so much...

Could it be some of the apps I'm using, I don't know. I guess I will have to try a hard reset without restore, start installing apps one by one and see if it's caused by any of them, but I don't have the time right now. Will report back if I eventually do it. In the meantime, if ayone has managed to resolve it, please post it here! Thanks!

Mar 29, 2014
Visit site

For me on my L820:
1-Store doesn't open, the label "beta" remains.
2- Windows massages app doesn't open.
3- It's impossible to put a photo on the background of start screen, when you select one the configuration closes.
4-Lock screen configuration doesn't open.

For me those are the principals and the most annoying bugs in build 166 for me so far :p

hamburg82

Apr 26, 2014
Visit site
Re: BUILD 10149 : BUGS Thread

Had issue with Microsoft Health, it kept crashing after the splash screen. Store (Beta) seemed to be trying to install an update but it kept crashing. So I uninstalled and reinstalled, didn't lose sync with Band and is now working great.

I did the same but it reverted back to an older version without the golf app. Does yours have golf?

Axeelant

Nov 20, 2014
Visit site

Don't be 100% dependant on alarms! Didn't wake me up 2 days till now, and i always set 6 of them, all 5 minutes apart. None went off, but today it worked in the later hours... Who could understand this...

Ron Heyes

May 6, 2013
Visit site

Notification icon only clears when swiping down into Action Centre.

Is this a bug? Opening the app with the event does not clear the icon. Only swiping down does.

dubor99

Nov 3, 2013
Visit site

For me on my L820:
1-Store doesn't open, the label "beta" remains.
2- Windows massages app doesn't open.
3- It's impossible to put a photo on the background of start screen, when you select one the configuration closes.
4-Lock screen configuration doesn't open.

For me those are the principals and the most annoying bugs in build 166 for me so far :p

Try a hard reset

buffalosolja

Nov 20, 2013
Visit site

On the 1520, first build to get successful install, 10166. All is well, everything I want to work works! I have found zero issues with the 1520 with 1 exception: Outlook closes on its own after deleting all emails I want.

Does your sms work fine?

Sachin G

Apr 10, 2015
Visit site

Lumia 920
Pro's

Battery stays longer and seems to be on par with 8.1
Very smooth
Lock screen more stable than before.

Needs improvement

Lot of apps crash and if the app does not respond the phone reboots.
The medium brightness is less brighter than the low brightness option
Phone heats up rapidly even when on 2G network, especially when on a call.
Phone restarts without a reason. In the last 24 hours it has restarted 4 times.

hamburg82

Apr 26, 2014
Visit site

10166 issues on my htc one m8:

1. Start screen doesn't always appear. Says "loading" for long periods of time.

2. Apps on SD card are unreliable.

3. Typing in this text box within edge is buggy and doesn't always inset text at the right location after moving the cursor. Also copy and paste isn't working.

4. MS Health - was crashing at splash screen. Uninstalled/reinstalled and it gave me an old version without golf. Also, uninstalling was buggy. Didn't remove or unpin until several restarts. Store still said "installed" until one last restart.
UPDATE: Got the current version of MS Health installed and working great after sideload installation and tweak of battery settings. (Details in my post on the next page)

5. Launching camera from action center when locked (no pin code) doesn't unlock the phone.

6. Cortana doesn't always listen when mic is pressed and slow responsiveness when it does work.

7. Start screen icons often disappear from the tile. Pinning a website displays the edge icon instead of screenshot of web page. Battery sense and data sense are no longer pinnable apps - need pinnable settings.

8. Swipe keyboard doesn't work in Store.

9. People hub only synced a handful of Facebook pics. No option to "write on wall" from contact. Nothing in "What's New"
UPDATE: Reinstalling facebook fixed this.

10. Can't change location settings for individual apps. I selected "no" for maps and can't fix it

11. On start screen when moving a pin into a collection of pins, collection doesn't expand to choose where it goes within the collection.

That's all that cones to mind for now...

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon