W10M Insider Bugs & Defects Thread (pre 10586.164)

Status
Not open for further replies.

VetDuarte

May 4, 2014
Visit site
Re: Windows 10 for Phones Bugs & Defects Thread

Fonts are too thin (small) in texts, settings, people, phone, and other such places, making it hard to read on my 1020. I had to change my theme from yellow to orange.

I have to say that I really do not like the background image on the background instead of the tiles. I hope they allow you to change that soon and I hope that we can put it back on the tiles and on the background of all the other screens.

I defaulted my phone, which helped with the speed and did not use a backup. I do not have a million apps, so it's easy for me to do. I did notice that windowsphone.com (including the online store) doesn't register that I have a phone anymore but the store on my phone knows I exist and can download from there.
My backup lacks a lot of apps.
Also, some of the apps I bought show up at the store as not bought. That is going to be a real problem.

Enviado via Note 4

Jamie Thomas

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site

Not sure if anyone has this 🐛 but my background picture keeps on shifting left leaving a half inch space thats black

Nicholas Maguire

May 28, 2014
Visit site

I haven't done this personally but you can try this:

All Settings --> Extras --> access point

When you are in access point like add (the + button) and then manually enter the internet APN and mms APN. You will need this information from your carrier (you could probably find it online).

I had to install the access point app, but when trying to edit the settings in it, it goes blank (I guess the access point app doesn't work properly in Windows 10). So...I still can't get MMS to work.

ajayden

Feb 26, 2012
Visit site

Battery life on my Lumia 1020 after Windows Phone 10 Technical Preview was installed.
Sent from Lumia 1020 on WP10 using Taptalk

Attachments

• wp_ss_20150413_0001.png
    wp_ss_20150413_0001.png
    100.7 KB · Views: 11

ushodax

Jul 2, 2013
Visit site

anyone having problems with the sync of contacts from outlook?
none of my contacts appear on my people hub (nor legacy)

ODwyerPW

Jun 12, 2014
Visit site

Exactly. Every single bug (not missing feature, incomplete feature), but behavioral bug disappeared when I did a RESET of the phone and RESTORE from a Backup prior to Windows phone 10.

ODwyerPW

Jun 12, 2014
Visit site

The old Lumia Sorage App no longer Works. This was the means that I used to initially redirect my Maps onto my SD Card. Storage Sense doesn't allow this.

Now, Here Maps isn't aware that I have the Maps stored on the SD Card...and I can't tell it to look there. It sees no Offline maps on the Phone (because they are on my SD Card).

I'll report back if I find a way to keep the Offline Maps on the SD Card.. to continue to download new Maps to the SD Card and to have Here Maps, Here Drive find them on the SD Card.

Formula84

Jan 13, 2014
Visit site

W10TPforP on Lumia 720, general impressions:

1. Laggy. Loading times doubled for almost all apps. Input delay in Settings. Sometimes touch input isn't recognized at all.
2. Screenshot does not work.
3. Always on mobile data. Although that's been addressed as one of the bugs, it's still annoying. xD
4. Hitting the Recent Apps button (multitask view) redraws the icons in Start Screen.
5. Screen brightness sometimes becomes dim, then goes back to normal after a while.
6. Capacitive keys sometimes do not have light on them.
7. Still no option to choose for the transparent tiles. Choose the option for translucent tiles (assuming you are using transparent tiles from 8.1) and you lose them permanently.
8. Casual gaming (not 3D gaming) has slight frame drops and slowdowns.

Design nitpicks:
1. Contact list in the People Hub has little space for scrolling.
2. Some texts are too little (sub menus in the settings menu).
3. Less transitions. The sole reason I fell in love with WP8 (I'll let this pass, since this is a TP anyway).
4. Spacing on the Status bar icons. Also, the font size for the clock at the top right is bigger than the icons.
5. Microsoft camera's simple design in WP8.1 is much better.

What went right:
1. The Keyboard. The trackpad is very convenient to use!
2. Settings screen.
3. The Phone pad and the Alarm clock design.
4. No major crashes in the app or the system. No hanging problems. It's still laggy, though

Does anyone know where I can post this to the Windows Insider Program? Thanks in advance!

Great write up, I would use the built in windows feedback app.

pkoenig

Apr 13, 2015
Visit site

I can't update my mail account ([place.name.here] at outlook.com) as well as my calendar. My google account works though.
I tried deleting the outlook account in order to reset it but that doesn't work either. Phone (Lumia 720) shows error 0x80070032.

Does anyone have that issues? Can somebody tell me a way to solve this?

Gopal Prasath

Apr 12, 2015
Visit site

I'm using lumia 625. The technical preview has so many bugs in it. Many apps and games are not working,the phone gets warm very fast when i'm using it,the battery is getting down quckly ,i'm not even able to switch of my data, it gets restarts automatically,my phone gets hanged often.Better u do not update until the problem is fixed. And please tell me when will the next update will arrive.

Lumfan

Apr 13, 2015
Visit site

After an update with recent build for windows 10 technical preview for phones on my Lumia 730 i lost Phone function for dial/history. Anyone with similar experience?

VetDuarte

May 4, 2014
Visit site

anyone having problems with the sync of contacts from outlook?
none of my contacts appear on my people hub (nor legacy)
They will show if you fill in the SEARCH box in People Hub. Then you can see all the contact's info.

Enviado via Note 4

zapppa83

Jul 20, 2014
Visit site

MSN apps and other live tiles don't work..
Lockscreen settings page is broken
Battery Saver don't offer stats

Lumia 625

akshaypn

Oct 11, 2013
Visit site

I can't speak to my phone.. Microphone doesn't work or maybe it's because I can't download speech language... Lumia 1320. India.

Posted via the Windows Phone Central App for Android

Prathameshk

May 31, 2014
Visit site
My L1320's flight mode is not working...i can't turn it on...also the data connection always remains on I can't turn it off using the slider...
Also the battery quickly drains...
Also on my phone the components are not arranged they are overlapped...
Photo apps crashes every time..
Also in the feedback I can't select category

Last edited:

kmgagen

Feb 2, 2014
Visit site

For anyone who is having the "No Cellular Data" or not being able slide data to "on". I was having the same problem after i installed W10 on my phone. The way I installed it was through the Windows Insider App which basically updates and transfers your info and apps to Windows 10 platform. This just messed everything up for me and i was having problems ranging from, but not limited to, no Wifi, jittery Start Screen and no Cellular Data. I was about to revert back to 8.1 but just on a hunch, i decided to do a hard reset and start off with a clean install of Windows 10. Wow, did this make a huge difference. Now, i did say it was a clean install but in reality, i just hard reset my phone and when it booted back up, it gives you an option to select a backup image. I selected the most recent backup and once everything was recovered, Windows 10 Preview worked 20 times better. Cellular data was up and running as well as Wifi and other things that were previously crippled. Now, there are still bugs but now my phone is actually functional. Let me know if this helps anyone. Thanks.

Exact same experience for me...The phone still has some minor bugs but for the most part, it's running really nicely.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon