W10M Insider Bugs & Defects Thread (pre 10586.164)

Status
Not open for further replies.

frenzyvanrafi

Jul 8, 2013
Visit site
Re: Windows 10 for Phones Bugs & Defects Thread

In-app browser goes blank, I can't login to BBM and Adobe ID via Photoshop Express. Anyone got same problem? I use Lumia 720

oseansaditya

Dec 17, 2013
Visit site

Guys pleased add your feedback in windows feedback too. I don't think Microsoft will read this thread. Btw, when the next build will comes out?

WPit

Mar 14, 2014
Visit site

I managed to connect my phone to my car's BT again (don't ask how. I just did on second try). Actually, my only gripes now are known and common issues (acknowledged by Microsoft), nothing off the curve. Not downgrading here.

Can't wait for the W10 flagship rumours! Microsoft is quiet on this.

hotphil

Nov 14, 2008
Visit site

Guys pleased add your feedback in windows feedback too. I don't think Microsoft will read this thread. Btw, when the next build will comes out?
There are some Microsoft bods on the forums. Or there were at least. With the disrespect they sometimes get, they may not be around anymore. But yes, the feedback app is the route to deliver feedback.
And only MS knows when the next build may be released. And they're not saying. Could be anytime. They do nightly internal builds, then it progresses out the rings of testing and if it's deemed OK for Insiders, they may make the decision to release it. They may not.

prabu d

Apr 3, 2014
Visit site

In-app browser goes blank, I can't login to BBM and Adobe ID via Photoshop Express. Anyone got same problem? I use Lumia 720

Yes, thats right..This issue is there in most of the apps. Looks like it is some bug in windows 10..

For adobe photoshop express, i did a trick.
Click on user name text box
Screen will go black,
Close your eyes,
Type user name,
Press enter,
type password,
press enter.

It will login successfully.. :') silly. But worked for me..

I gave feedback to microsoft about this issue with screenshots.. Hopefully they will fix this issue in upcoming build.

NVMY03ION

Apr 14, 2015
Visit site

So Im new here but I have Nokia 1520 and I just downloaded Windows 10 Tech Preview to it. I have to say Im about ready to roll back to 8.1. I was warned that it was buggy but I would give this Alpha level at best :(.. Not impressed so far.

hotphil

Nov 14, 2008
Visit site

So Im new here but I have Nokia 1520 and I just downloaded Windows 10 Tech Preview to it. I have to say Im about ready to roll back to 8.1. I was warned that it was buggy but I would give this Alpha level at best :(.. Not impressed so far.
If you fancy giving it more of a test run, I'd recommend hard reset and set it up as a new device.

NVMY03ION

Apr 14, 2015
Visit site

If you fancy giving it more of a test run, I'd recommend hard reset and set it up as a new device.

Thats actually a really good idea! Didn't consider that but you bring up an interesting poiint because Upgrades do suck! Has anyone else noticed the LAG?? or is that tied to my upgrade?

gibbyhome

Nov 1, 2010
Visit site

Does anyone have the APN settings for the Lumia 1520 on ATT ? I upgraded to the Win 10 PT and did not write them down so I can't receive pics or send pic's from my phone now :(
​Thank you

Mark

fyfesmithj

Jul 19, 2013
Visit site

help, after installing windows 10, my phone now doesn't recognize my sim card. Has anyone had the same issue and is there a fix for it?

fyfesmithj

Jul 19, 2013
Visit site

help, after installing windows 10, my phone now doesn't recognize my sim card. Has anyone had the same issue and is there a fix for it?

djeire84

Aug 1, 2014
Visit site

I have Windows phone 10 tech preview on my Lumia 520 here is my problems thus far:

1. Very slow to respond especially in the new settings menu.
2. The keyboard for messages is slow and sometimes unresponsive also it has severe auto correct problems.
3. Cannot take screenshots.
4. Cannot set my battery saver ie I cannot chose which apps run in background but I can however switch it on/off.
5. I cannot use the back button to completely exit apps I have to long press and close each app individually, if also found if too many remain "open" it causes the phone to go slower then it is.
6. No way to pin individual email to my start screen they are all collated in the new Outlook app.
7. Spartan Browder is very slow, TG address bar is up top which could confuse those who have used internet explorer but I have been using opera mini and I'm used to the address bar being up top.
8. When I first installed WP10TP I had trouble with entering in my sim number, so I skipped sim input and continued with boot, when I reset the phone I could enter my pin.
9. The phone can become hot from long use which I didn't have a problem with it before.
10. The keyboard is gone smaller then the large keyboard of 8.1. The keys are very close together.
11. I cannot log into some of my apps when I do I am greeted with a black screen. So i cannot log into my windows central app which is why I'm using Tapatalk.

So all I awe I'm pretty happy with it. Not as buggy as I thought. I have installed it on my main phone because I need to be putting it to proper testing and rigorous use. I love it so far the home screen is alot more brighter and nicer. It does look Android-ish but I dont mind that as it is after all Microsoft inside.

djeire84

Aug 1, 2014
Visit site

Does anybody know how to get your contacts back after installing windows 10?

Try accessing the "People Legacy" app instead of the "People" app as this is in test/buggy so use legacy and all contacts should be there.

djeire84

Aug 1, 2014
Visit site

Ok what you need to do is bypass sim input ie press cancel when asked for the pin, go to settings, device, about, reset phone -- once reset is done you can put in your sim it will Continue WP10 installation then once done just disable your sim pin in Settings, network and wireless, phone and sim

djeire84

Aug 1, 2014
Visit site

Yes, thats right..This issue is there in most of the apps. Looks like it is some bug in windows 10..

For adobe photoshop express, i did a trick.
Click on user name text box
Screen will go black,
Close your eyes,
Type user name,
Press enter,
type password,
press enter.

It will login successfully.. :') silly. But worked for me..

I gave feedback to microsoft about this issue with screenshots.. Hopefully they will fix this issue in upcoming build.

Doesn't work for the Windows central app which is why I'm lucky my tapatalk app works smoothly. When I press enter after username the keyboard disappears and black screen is still there.

djeire84

Aug 1, 2014
Visit site

Restored a backup? Or set up as a new device?

Set up as new device because there could be a corruption on your backup which could cause operating problems. That's,what I did and its pretty dang smooth, actually surprised in how good it is.

djeire84

Aug 1, 2014
Visit site

After a hard reset on 635 with Windows 10 build 2, The store did not find any updates for default app, so I had to manually hunt down each MSN app and update it. The only apps not updating are Video and Music:

View attachment 101972

They no matter what I do, refuse to update themselves. Now Music can't seem to stream music, and cannot read album art (downloaded from Music app on PC and moved onto phone because the current phone app cannot download any music from OneDrive or Music Pass).

And apparently Cortana has lost her voice. I tried downloading a speech pack but...

View attachment 101973

On top of this, Cortana cannot open apps, set reminders and alarms.

Most apps seem to run just fine aside from crashing out at random intervals. The only apps that cannot run whatever I do are Pin.it (WP's best Pinterest client) and the Insider Hub. But what annoys me the most is how the text for notifications and pop-ups is bigger, so it renders incorrectly. I hope in a future build they give the option to return it to the old size, but also for people who like the larger text.

How did you take screenshots when I try it says screenshot failed? :)

hotphil

Nov 14, 2008
Visit site

It's not so much corruption that may be an issue - the data's probably fine, it's just that you'd be importing all sorts of historical *stuff* into the new OS. And clearly, it doesn't like that yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon