W10M Insider Bugs & Defects Thread (pre 10586.164)

Status
Not open for further replies.

taekkwon

Jan 28, 2013
Visit site
Re: BUILD 10166 : BUGS Thread

For those with the "Loading..." screen after unlocking the phone from the lockscreen... try this... each time before you lock the phone go first to the start screen and then lock the phone. Do not lock the phone if you are in an app, even if it's a "system app" (contacts, settings).

This seems to be working for me so far...

jacob browning

Jul 13, 2015
Visit site
Re: Main bugs and bug fixes in 10149

So haven't big issues yet on this build thankfully it fixed all the issues i had. There is one thing though did they disable cortana? she doesn't speak at all anymore and when i ask her stuff either nothing happens and it crashes or she only answers in text. Is this a bug or did they disable part of her while they work on things? besides some things slowly down or crashing(not very much anymore but still happens) shes the only thing not working

gaboy1969

Jun 12, 2015
Visit site

Start screen takes forever to load after restart. On my HTC One M8 it takes the start screen up to 20 minutes to load after I reboot the phone. Has anyone else experienced this problem on their phone? I recently did a hard reset and that didn't fix the problem.

Pi Azevedo

Feb 8, 2015
Visit site
Re: Windows 10 Mobile Bugs & Defects Thread

Hello Everyone, I'm new in this forum. I'm writing from Portugal and I installed build 10166 this weekend...

Photo app only shows Camera Roll and Saved Pictures albuns... I have much more albuns in SD card but they aren't listed... any idea to fix it?

Kids Corner not working... it's active but when I choose it opens my normal Start Screen instead my kid's games... any ideia to fix it?

Last edited:

rtwright68

Jul 9, 2015
Visit site

I ran into some strange things on my HTC One M8 while sending/receiving texts. Even though I select the right contact, it shows the text thread taking place with the next contact down on the list. It does get to the correct recipient, however. When they reply, it comes back as a new texting thread only showing the recipient's phone number. Works perfectly on 8.1

Also, when taking pictures, they are very distorted using the WM10 camera app.

Shubham Kumar4

Oct 8, 2013
Visit site

1- Blinking Toggles.
2- For some devices ( like mine ), People hub & outlook doesn't show use my primary email, while it exists.
3- Some apps crash or take longer to load.
4- Outlook don't show notofication & sometimes doesn't sync messages.
5- Flashlight toggle sometimes doesn't works.
6- Store needs to be more reliable.
7- Restart bug.

KrzysW

Jul 13, 2015
Visit site

Hi,

question about ActiveSync on my Lumia 930.
In corporate policy we have 60 min. unactivity to ask for password. In 8.1 it's work fine but in WIndows 10 build 10166 is max 15 min.
It minds that policy was not fully apply in build 10166 ? Any changes need from Exchange server ?

Thanks.
Chris.

hamburg82

Apr 26, 2014
Visit site

I ran into some strange things on my HTC One M8 while sending/receiving texts. Even though I select the right contact, it shows the text thread taking place with the next contact down on the list. It does get to the correct recipient, however. When they reply, it comes back as a new texting thread only showing the recipient's phone number. Works perfectly on 8.1

Also, when taking pictures, they are very distorted using the WM10 camera app.

Fortunately I haven't had these issues on my One M8.

hamburg82

Apr 26, 2014
Visit site

1- Blinking Toggles.
2- For some devices ( like mine ), People hub & outlook doesn't show use my primary email, while it exists.
3- Some apps crash or take longer to load.
4- Outlook don't show notofication & sometimes doesn't sync messages.
5- Flashlight toggle sometimes doesn't works.
6- Store needs to be more reliable.
7- Restart bug.

For #2, go into outlook, hit the hamburger menu, then the (<)arrow next to the account name. You'll see all accounts and can select the one you want. You can also pin each individual account from here.

Knights2257

Aug 1, 2014
Visit site

Tried going to the MS page to get the recovery tool and when I click the link it says "page not found."Phone won't turn off, reset, connect to PC so I can't get into Windows Phone desktop app... I'm at the end of my rope.

crazy elf

Mar 10, 2014
Visit site

Build 10166 seems to be stable although I feel build 10149 was more responsive, but with more bugs. I tried for a day to install 10166 to no avail, just sat on downloading and didn't do anything, I rolled back to windows 8.1 stopped all the apps from updating and installed the windows insider app and it downloaded perfectly, clean install. For the most part 10166 is a good build, My issue remains, they seem to be adding more bugs instead of fixing what needs to be fixed then moving on. For instance not being able add custom ringtones or notifications to contacts. That's the abc's of a mobile phone.
However I see their vison and I am glad to be part of it. Of course there are going to be bugs, that's to be expected.
My advice to all who are having issues and lot's of bugs is to roll back to 8.1 and do clean install, stop all the apps from updating after the install and download your windows insider app, it'll take you straight to build 10166. I know it seems to be a big deal to roll back but if you've downloaded the Nokia restore app in the past and if your using it on the same phone the process is really pain less because your download is saved and it takes less than 5 minutes to restore.. The 10166 build is almost 3 gig if your doing a clean install so sit back and relax. It'll do what it needs to do.

Last edited:

crazy elf

Mar 10, 2014
Visit site

Look for the Nokia Lumia restore download from the internet, after you start installing it it'll say Microsoft restore tool. When trying to update my 1520 it went into a loop trying to reset my phone., as soon as I hooked up my phone( when told to do so from the restore tool) it went to the download/restore software and fixed it, if you've used the restore tool before your phone's software download should have been saved. If not it's a 3 gig download and if you have a slow internet connection I would recommend using a download manager/accelerator. The are many free version, I personally use DAP free but h the are hundreds to choose from. Good luck 🍀.

kumar_0119578

Jan 20, 2013
Visit site

Gmail sync is not working with the outlook mail.
there is a problem with the normal SMS notifications as well else most of the other things are good

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BevitalGluco2