W10M Insider Bugs & Defects Thread (pre 10586.164)

Status
Not open for further replies.

vivekgiri_7

Jun 11, 2015
Visit site
Re: BUILD 10166 : BUGS Thread

Just updated universal photo app not working properly, it brings some more than welcome additions such as nice looking tile animation, manual refresh and the option to set lock screen and start background right from app but unfortunately it not working properly, as a matter of fact it works but only if you have pre-cropped photo, if photo needs to be cropped before it not offering cropping dialog but stretch and crop photo on its own and result in 99% situations isn't as it supposed to be.

//images.tapatalk-cdn.com/15/07/13/f6257e0775754064d790b765d9c559fe.png

Stretched background (Photo app)
//images.tapatalk-cdn.com/15/07/13/8958b9f0b960da5d0224e14cad2673ab.png

Here is how it should looks like (Settings app)
//images.tapatalk-cdn.com/15/07/13/b732f196caec05b57f7e722878d5f079.png

I also noticed that swipe to get photo info not working anymore, and feature is now moved under '...' submenu. Photo indexing is a little bit faster with this version but there is still quite annoying delay before it index and display newly added or captured photos and there is still not proper support for albums.

All in all, it is nice to see they trying to improve it but I'm not quite impressed with latest update...

Yeah that cropping bug is really annoying........
Even from the settings app!

CB Stuart

Apr 19, 2014
Visit site

This isn't exactly a bug with the build but I can't get it on my 635. Every time I try it says error or battery saver was on when it wasn't. Please help.

DroneMx

Jul 8, 2014
Visit site

Since last update of Outlook Calendar + Mail and Photos these problems I had are fixed:

- sharing photo to email
- zooming into an email

* landscape mode in Outlook Calendar shows a multi-day view
* Updated live tile with pan and zoom effect for your photos
* filter emails by flagged, unread emails

It's getting better every day.

rajthampi

May 4, 2014
Visit site
Re: Main bugs and bug fixes in 10149

I've installed build #10166 on both my 920, 1020 & below are my experiences so far
  1. 920 is far stable than 1020 (my daily driver)
  2. 1020 interface gets locked up after a call many times, forcing me to restart the device
  3. volume control doesn't respond, requiring soft reset at times
  4. horrible key tones while dialer used for dialing numbers
  5. SMS notification tone almost cracks up the speaker
  6. Store application doesn't update apps unless opened
  7. Few times once after the download completed, store doesn't bring up the "Open" button
  8. Glance is not available with extras, have to hack as explained in other thread (trying to install through the link, then open and change settings)
  9. Battery, connection indicator icons do not retain the actual orientation once the rotation changed
  10. If used without "additional" tiles, the 2nd level icons look much bigger than the previous build icons
  11. Battery drain is significantly reduced after glance disabled (like the previous build)
  12. Lumia collection is totally unavailable for this build

brunoadduarte

Jun 16, 2013
Visit site

Groove is recognizing system sounds as albums. I have about a dozen of unrecognized albums containing unplayable system sounds

Mar 2, 2015
Visit site

Since last update of Outlook Calendar + Mail and Photos these problems I had are fixed:

- sharing photo to email
- zooming into an email

* landscape mode in Outlook Calendar shows a multi-day view
* Updated live tile with pan and zoom effect for your photos
* filter emails by flagged, unread emails

It's getting better every day.
Manual refresh in photos, option to set background and lockscreen is also added but works correctly only for pre-cutted photos, thre is no more swipe to info, now it's moved to '...' menu. outlook notifications now works fine, live tiles for each account now shows correct numbers of unread mails, both, calendar and mail app still loose all settings inclkouding colors and signatures after update

brunoadduarte

Jun 16, 2013
Visit site

App store doesn't offer the option to install an app to the phone memory when it's not allowed to be installed in the SD card (seriously, it's 2015, how is it possible that so many devs still do not allow their apps to be installed in the SD card)

buuduy17

May 25, 2015
Visit site

Hey guy! My phone just up to Build 10166 yesterday and after that the start screen keep loading over and over again. When i tried to restart the start sceen show up again but it can't recognize my SD card. So i turn off the phone to reinstall but when i turn on it keep loading again. Can anyone know why and how to fix it.

nachin_007

Jun 24, 2015
Visit site

Same over here. Photos apps just updated, with the pan effect instead of the flipping one (which I thank gratefully).

And, I don't know whether People has been updated too (and I take to report another bug: the new Store doesn't seem to have the option to show when an app was updated) or not, but right now, a few seconds ago, just after exitting the Photos app, the People live tile started to work!!

I like the new effect on it, but in my opinion they should leave a space reserved for the name of the tile ("People"), just like the old 8.1 collage effect used to work. Maybe putting the circles a little closer one from the others inside the square, or use two rows to make them them move, instead of three.

And in reference to that, here is another bug. When upgraded from 8.1 to 10149 (I had rolled back to 8.1 from 10080), I had one person from People app pinned to Start. After upgrading, that tile changed, from the square with the picture filling all of it (8.1 style) to a look very similar to the new, general People app's effect of build 10166: the background of the tile with the theme color, and inside of it, instead of moving the circles of all contacts, there was only one big circle with that person's picture, also moving.

The problem was that when touching on it, the phone didn't do anything, it wasn't opening the People app with that person. I had to unpin it and re-pin it from the People app. When done that, the tile went back to 8.1 style (the picture filling all the square)... and it's still in that way now on build 10166. Anyone with the same thing?

MRTSPORTS1

Jul 3, 2013
Visit site

Device: Lumia 1320
Hard reset: Yes
Bug: Screen does not respons after call. System is working (I can change volume etc.), but it does not respons on any touch events (I can't even unlock my phone). After restart it's OK but restart phone after every call is very annoying.

I have the exact same bug and it's annoying as hell!! The phone will work the way it is supposed to and then all of a sudden, the screen doesn't respond anymore. I can't answer a call, write a text or whatever. I can turn the screen off or on with the power button, but I can't actually use the phone until I reboot or soft-reset. And then eventually (sometimes even after 10mins!) it starts again and I have to reboot again.

grazy1982

May 28, 2014
Visit site

got a new bug today where all my non MS apps wont open. the only way to fix is to uninstall them and reinstall! this happened after MS app updates today. phone signal was lost and now all apps are screwed!!!!wp_ss_20150714_0002.png

having to hard reset as i can not get here maps for my phone unless i hard reset. its not available in the store? along with lots of other apps i used to have?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes