W10M Insider Bugs & Defects Thread (pre 10586.164)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Axeelant

Nov 20, 2014
Visit site
Re: BUILD 10166 : BUGS Thread

The bug for not being able to install any apps from store or sideloading since the build release just fixed itself. Works great now, but the gmail mail acc doesn't sync anymore, delete didn't help. Any solutions?

Andrew del Valle

Jan 28, 2013
Visit site
Re: Windows 10 Mobile Bugs & Defects Thread

My phone keeps shutting off, half my apps don't work, my battery life is horrid. Anybody else having massive issues. I'm on a Lumia 1520

DrRyder

Oct 3, 2013
Visit site

I upgraded from 8.1 to 10166 on my One M8. All was okay but had issues installing a lot of apps or updating. So I did a soft reset to just start over.

I've got things updated but the smartphone mobile hotspot and tmobile my account wont update. Also; I've tried to install 2 different apps and just get the same 80242021 error. Guess I'll have to wait until another build comes out which should speed up now that Win10 is just about out for everyone.

pthomasn

Jul 25, 2015
Visit site

When getting free apps from MYapp free, the store does no allow free purchase but only trial unlike old store.:devil:

agaskew

May 9, 2014
Visit site

Quite a l-o-o-n-g list of bugs and glitches building up...

• After a reboot, the phone always complains about the SD card.
  • Phone app hangs and locks the phone up, requires a hard reset.
  • Outlook - the 'Settings' bar at the bottom of the 'acounts' panel just fails to appear. I can sometimes find it via the Calendar instead. Or, go in to the Store, search for 'Mail and Calendar' and it appears to reinstall itself. After that, things are back to normal for a while.
  • Live folders with multiple inboxes - the Start screen text is unreadbaly small.
  • Volume goes up and down during phone calls.
  • Touch tones on the phone sometimes just don't work.
  • Glance was present, now its just no longer listed under Settings.
  • Alarms - simply don't go off!
  • 'Camera' captures jerky, crappy video. 'Lumia Camera' captures just fine.
  • Outlook mail in general is slow.
  • Outlook constantly tells me my Gmail settings are out of date, but they are not.
  • The Store misbehaves regularly.

The list goes on... :unhappy:

After running 10166 since it was released, now giving serious thought to going back to 8.1 GDR2.

Axeelant

Nov 20, 2014
Visit site

Hi. My alarm sometimes works and sometimes it doesn't. Is there anything i can do to solve this? thx :)

I've been dealing with it for quite some time now, just found out u need to set, in EACH alarm, what day it should repeat. So just check all 7 days, because it is set to one day only by default.

Joe920

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site

On my 1520 the task switcher often appears spontaneously. Might be a hardware problem, because I also get haptic feedback when that happens. It's new since I installed w10m though. Has anyone else seen this?

CodyzPrateek

Jul 25, 2015
Visit site

I am not aware if it is already posted, I tried to search. But in lumia 1320 build 10166, if we tap and hold windows button, the screen is split into two parts. But on top screen nothing happens. Has anyone else tried this ??
wp_ss_20150716_0001.png

abduz

Sep 27, 2011
Visit site

I am not aware if it is already posted, I tried to search. But in lumia 1320 build 10166, if we tap and hold windows button, the screen is split into two parts. But on top screen nothing happens. Has anyone else tried this ??
View attachment 109267

This is a feature for 5" + devices, where it allows you to reach Icons/folders that your aren't able to reach if you are using your phone in one hand, similar to iPhone. If you hold it down again, it goes back into normal mode or if you tap the black area. Needs some polishing up, but it's handy.​

abduz

Sep 27, 2011
Visit site

I HAVE SAME Problem with my Lumia 638

I think I found a solution (or possibly temporary), which works really well once it works. I figured this loading issue was happening due to lots of content etc on phone, because everything seems to have restored fine but just taking forever to load, so what I did :

- I connected my Lumia (930) to my PC
- Through my PC, I copied and pasted the folders in my phone to a folder on my desktop
- Then Through my PC, I deleted all the content in the folders taking up most storage; in my case it was Camera Roll and Music
- Then I restarted my phone

- After I turned it on, it was still loading, so I went to Store to check if there was app update issues
- There was apps which couldnt be updated and I didnt need, so I removed and there was duds such as Internet Explorer, so I removed those from the update list and let the remaining ones update.

- I noticed the 'Line' app wasn't on my app list, so I went into Storage Sense to check if it was installed and it was.
- I uninstalled 'Line' and few other apps
- Then I restarted

- I then went into personalization, changed from dark to light theme
- Restarted

- After restarting, this time i decide to leave the phone a bit to see if it would "Load"
- Since i'm on light theme, I'm seeing a White loading screen instead of black
- After a few mins, it was no longer white loading screen but black again, so I figured it was doing something, so i left it for a bit longer
- A minute or two later, took the phone, swiped the locked screen and my start screen was back, but because I had played with the tile settings before (in personalization), the tiles were all over the place but they were all there and everything worked butter smooth from there on.

For the sake of trying after a few hours, I decided to see what happens if I restart my phone. I restarted and loading screen was back, so I left it for a bit, like I did earlier, and white loading screen again went from White to Black, then tiles were back. This took approximately 2-3 mins but everytime it finally loads, everything worked really well.

I think this partly has to do with memory loading, so my advice would be, remove what you don't need, until your phone "adjusts" itself or until next update. Hope this helps.(btw, I updated from 8.1 to 10166, if that means anything)

Last edited:
Jun 28, 2013
Visit site

About 7 days after having the build the text messages stopped going out and stopped coming in, odly I was able to reply to one person but that was it. Did anyone ever find a solution to that? Please quote me so I get a notification if you respond.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes